An Air purifier basically works by drawing all the air in the machine, The machine is composed of various parts that then clean the air as it moves in them. These purifiers are essential with people who have allergies or have asthma or its symptoms, these purifiers clean the air and provide the user and healthier air to breathe, we will go through what you need to check before buying an air purifier and even go through most of the types of air purifiers so you won’t face any issues when purchasing a new one.
When you are making the decision to buy an air purifier you might want to look for these things:
An essential part of the air purifier is its “filter” as it is the reasons why we get to breathe healthy air, it’s important to look for a purifier with filter change alert, as over time it might collect a lot of waste and not be able to do so anymore.
The next would be its air-exchange rate go for the higher values, the air purifier with higher air exchange rate will purify your room at a faster speed. For an empty space or a room, getting one with dust sensor would be a good solution, with this you might have to compromise on the speed and some other factors but it will help you know the quality of the air you are breathing, with higher fan speed you can get better and faster air purification but it accompanies more noise than the fan makes.
Keep a lookout for HEPA filtration, it’s the most used filtration used for removing allergens and some other small harmful particles from the air. there are other filters that have been developed to mimic the uses of this one which you can use if you have a tight budget.
Quick tips to select the best air purifier.
There are things to consider before you buy purifiers to make sure that you consider these before you purchase one:
- If one of your reasons for getting a new one allergies or symptoms of asthma then you should go for the best money can buy you, but if your symptoms are that serious and you just need it for regular use then you can get an affordable one.
- Which one do you need a whole house or room purified, and whether you actually need it? you might notice the difference by using some other less pricey method like getting a good-quality furnace filter for your household unit. But if you are sure then you can go for a good quality whole house purifier.
- Space is something that you have to figure out before you purchase one as they tend to be a little on the heavier side.
- Then you might want to factor in the room that you need the air purifier for, if it is for your bedroom choose the one that makes the least noise, or if it’s for your hall try one that has speed adjustment settings, you can always use the high setting for reducing the noise.
Home air purifier
Once you have installed a home purifier you will notice the difference in the air you breathe almost instantly, these air purifiers come equipped with some best filtration technologies like dust sensors and filter change alert which we have covered. For purification of in a house which has multiple rooms or a single one, a home purifier might work out best for you depending on the size of your rooms you can choose one that will help you get rid of the smallest dust particles and even pet hairs that only someone with pets would understand.
Car Air Purifier
Similar to home purifies car purifier make use of filters, there are various companies that provide different models and the effects of each one are slightly different or vastly different it all depends on the technologies being used, if you get one with Hepa filtration it will do a great job of getting rid of the allergens and bacteria but you will still have a car that smells like whatever you ate in it. a car air purifier with more than one filtering stage works best for car purification, so it might be good to look for one that has more.
Room Air Purifier
Room purifier would be much suited for your needs if you need one for a tiny space and not your whole house, you can forego whole house purifiers which are sure to cost way more than a room purifier. You might think that it’s not necessary to use a room purifier but there are bacteria and allergens which if you are exposed to constantly might trigger allergic reactions or symptoms of asthma so it’s better to be prepared rather than taking chance with your health. And a room purifier is not that expensive you can find one within your budget.
Air purifier for allergies
HEPA is a term you might have heard if you have been doing some research into getting an air purifier that takes care of allergens and distributes fresh and germ-free air to your room or environment. It is one of the popular air filtration techniques there are some lesser-known filtration methods that have been developed based on HEPA but if you are someone who has severe allergies then HEPA is the perfect solution’s in that case. For people with mild allergies, other filters might work as well so they don’t need to spend a large amount of HEPA equipped purifier.
Portable air purifier
A portable air purifier is cheaper, lightweight, and little in size but it provides excellent purifying services, let’s say you are in a dorm room, a small office, a hotel room, or your car you can use this single air purifier at all these places without having to spend an enormous amount for getting one for each of these places which can be waste of money and time. some of you might wonder if it really works, don’t let its size fool you it works just great and you will get to breathe in clean air.
UV Air Purifier
UV air purifiers are mostly used in a hospital environment to get rid of particles that do so, by reducing or eliminating airflow. Most of the UV air purifiers are built in a great away and won’t have any side effects such as lung damage which is what you might face if you don’t do proper research and just grab one. Although not a lot of people prefer using UV air purifiers they are useful in their own way.
Air Purifier for Smoke
Many of you might have been to a place that provides a smoking room, some of the places take measure to eliminate this smoke-like making use of air purifiers so that room will not smell like smoke even after the occupant leaves, it could be good for smokers who want to get rid of the smoke from their houses or can be used in cars so that your seats won’t smell like smoke.
Top 10 Best Reviews of Home Air Purifiers For 2021
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- 5 Year Warranty
- Odor Remover customized filter: Traps and reduces odors from pets, cigarettes and cigars, cooking and mildew.
- The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
- Room coverage up to 700 sq. ft.
LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier with True Hepa Filter
- Designed in California. The UVC Light and Anion that other Brands adopt to purify air could produce a kind of air pollutant-Ozone, which is especially harmful for the children and Asthma sufferers. Levoit air purifiers never use these for 100% Ozone free
- Advanced 3-Stage Filtration System: The Pre-Filter, True HEPA Filter, and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter capture allergens, pet hair, dander, smoke, mold, odor and large dust particles, in addition to removing 99. 97% of airborne contaminants as small as 0. 3 microns
- Genuine Replacement Filters: Search for lvh132rf for Replacement filter. Use genuine Levoit replacement filters to maintain the best performance and to ensure what you're buying is worthy of your investment
- Ultra-Silent Operation: Filters the air with the lowest noise level as quiet as 25dB for a restful and soothing indoor environment, helping you sleep deeply
- High-Efficiency Air Purifier: Circulates room air over 4 times per hour to achieve rapid purification. Unique size and contemporary design make the Levoit air purifier suitable for small or medium-sized rooms, like offices and dorms
Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover,
- Extra large room air purifier: Recommended for extra large rooms (465 square feet) this true hepa allergen remover air purifier helps capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Turbo clean: With 3 air cleaning levels plus a Turbo clean setting, this air purifier helps remove particles like pet dander, pollen, dust, mold & smoke. It also helps capture certain germs & reduce odors.
- Honeywell air purifiers: Our air purifiers help remove allergens, dust & odors. If you have allergies, pets or stale indoor air, air purifiers help remove airborne particles & help improve air quality.
- Filter & circulate: Honeywell Air Purifiers filter & circulate air in the stated room size up to 5 times an hour. Breathe easy knowing the air in your home is fresher & cleaner with fewer allergens.
- Honeywell quality: Improve your air quality & neutralize odors for a clean & healthy breathing experience year round with Honeywell replacement filters for air cleaners & purifiers.
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA,
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
AIRMEGA 300S The Smarter App Enabled Air Purifier
- Coway Airmega 300S room air purifier is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 1, 256 square feet and cleans the air at least two times per hour when used as recommended. 628 square feet and cleans the air at least four times per hour when used as recommended.
- Coway Airmega Max2 filter—combined activated carbon and True HEPA filter—captures and reduces up to 99. 97% of 0. 3 micron particles in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds by more than 99% and reduces fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO. Includes washable and permanent pre-filter to catch larger dust particles.
- Coway Airmega’s pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality testing in real-time. The brightly colored LED ring lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is, every minute of the day.
- Coway Airmega has five fan modes: Smart, Sleep, Low, Medium and High. Noise level is nearly silent at lower speeds. Max noise at highest setting is 43. 2 dB.
- Coway Airmega is a smart, energy efficient air purifier with a three-setting smart mode to adapt to its surroundings. Fan speed automatically adjusts based on the room’s air quality and lighting conditions to improve air quality.
Hamilton Beach 04384 Air Purifier
- 3 Filtration Stages: Permanent true HEPA filter captures dander & airborne particles plus 2 replaceable carbon zeolite filters to target pet odors plus a pre filter for pet hair and larger particles
- High Performance True Hepa Grade Filter: Captures 99.97 Percent of Pet Dander, Dust, Dust Mites, Pollen, and Mold/Mildew Spores as Small as 3 Microns From the Air
- Reduces Odors: 2 Activated Carbon Zeolite Filters Help Reduce Unwanted Household Odors From Pets, Smoke, and More
- Quiet and Powerful: Use Whisper Clean for Extra Quiet Operation at Night, the Medium Setting or the Quick Clean Setting for More Powerful Air Cleaning
- Easy to Clean: Permanent Hepa Filter Can Be Vacuumed Clean; No Replacement Filters to Buy
Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner
- True HEPA Filtration captures 99.99% of airborne pollutants, pet dander and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- Washable advanced odor control carbon filter especially formulated to capture offensive pet odors as well as smoke, cooking and other household odors.
- Washable Pre-Filter extends the life to your filter by capturing Pet Hair and larger airborne particles.
- PlasmaWave technology attacks pollutants at a molecular level to neutralize viruses, bacteria, odors, and gases in the air
- Smart Sensors with Auto-Mode. Odor, Dust and Light Sensors automatically adjust your air cleaner settings to meet the needs of your environment.
Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
- Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq.ft (CADR: Dust 246 / Pollen 240 / Smoke 233 cb. ft.).
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion) captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds and reduces odor.
- Coway Mighty pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. And it features a timer, and filter lifetime indicator.
- Fan speeds available in 1, 2, 3 stages by manually setting up. While auto mode automatically optimizes the speed setting 1 through 3 based on the level of indoor air quality. When no pollution is detected for 30 minutes, the fan will automatically stop and set as Eco mode to save energy.
- Timer feature allows the machine to run 1/4/8 hours before automatically powering off.
GermGuardian AC5000 28” 3-in-1 Large Room Air Purifier,
- 3-IN-1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME - True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS - Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS - Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- QUIET OPERATION - The lowest setting can be used as gentle white noise at night for a quiet, restful sleep
Alen Customizable Air Purifier
- BIG ROOMS? NO BIG DEAL: Cleans 1100 SqFt every 30 minutes 3x faster than our competitors. Designed to clean air in large spaces like living rooms, bedrooms, basements, apartments, and open concept areas.
- DUST AND ALLERGY FILTER: Recommended for dust, allergens, pollen, fur, pet dander, and household odors. The True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particles up to .3 microns leaving behind clean & fresh air while trapping airborne irritants that cause seasonal allergies & asthma.
- AIR QUALITY SENSOR LIGHT: Blue = Excellent air quality, Orange = Fair air quality, Red = Poor air quality. On "auto mode" the sensor will adjust the speed of the fan to clean the air more effectively when a higher number of particles are present. Watch the light change in real-time as your air is cleaned!
- ULTRA QUIET: Advanced WhisperMax technology creates a soothing environment while producing a pink noise that promotes better deeper sleep. 4 fan speed settings for optimized air purification.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE: Designed by NASA airflow engineers and built with high precision. The BreatheSmart Classic has a long service life with a lifetime warranty. CARB Certified.
We have gone through some of the most popular purifiers and we have seen what makes them stand out and how effective they are the main goal was to help you understand what you need to look for when you decide to purchase one, as discussed already you will have to take note of things like the size of the room and cost is one of the important factors go for the one that covers most of your needs.