For every avid gamer, the setup of the computer station is an integral part of the gaming experience.
A cramped station does not incite comfortable gameplay while desks that feature ample space for multiple monitors and facilitate easy access to necessary peripherals contribute to helping gamers focus on the game and not on the chaos.
In this regard, a gaming corner desk is a sensible choice to produce better concentration and convenience in every playing session.
1. Consider the size
Size is almost proportionate with comfort. But it is also dependent on the available space you have in your room. If you have three or more monitors, you may want to consider getting a bigger computer desk station or desk panels that are longer or bigger.
If your monitor or TV is heavier, then you need a desk that has a heavier load capacity. When you have sufficient space for everything you need, you can relax and focus on your gaming experience, instead of experimenting with different awkward positions due to a cramped space.
2. Get an ergonomically friendly desk
This is probably the most important thing you should consider when purchasing a gaming computer desk. Spending long hours in front of a computer can cause various health conditions such as neck pain, backache, and the most dreaded of all, carpal tunnel syndrome.
Gamers are prone to this because they are intensely focused on the gameplay that the brain tends to ignore other things such as body discomfort that can lead to chronic pain and long-term injury.
To prevent these conditions, it is important to consider a setup that will be able to provide proper support for your arm and wrist.
The desk should also be at a comfortable height suited to long hours of gaming. To promote a natural position for the wrist and arm, the keyboard position should be at a lower level than the monitor.
So make sure you think about the design and your comfort level before going through with the purchase.
3. Consider the material
There are different types of gaming corner desks available in the market. Depending on your personal preference, you can go for the wooden type, glass, PVC, or steel material.
When you want a solid feel at your desk, the wooden desk would make a great choice. It can also be a great option if you want a traditional feel to your home interior.
If you prefer a contemporary style, on the other hand, a glass type of desk can contribute to a modern appeal.
If you’re looking for a lightweight desk that is easy to move around, then a PVC or steel corner desk would be a great choice.
4. Choose the right style
It is nice to have plenty of room and have easy access to everything you need during every gaming session. There are a few models online designed specifically to provide a convenient gaming experience.
Typical models feature shelves where you can place your monitor, TV, or speakers and hooks where you can stow away your headphones and other gear neatly.
Another nice-to-have feature is a cable management system that helps bind your cords and cables in a neat system.
5. Choose one of the top gaming corner desks
To help you in making your decision, below are some of the top gaming corner desks available in the market:
- Sleek L-Shaped Glass Desk From Z-Line Designs; Ideal For Corner Placement
- Sturdy Metal Frame With Reinforced Plates On Welding Joints; Black Powder Coat Finish
- Clear 6Mm/5Mm Tempered Glass On Desktop, Display Shelf, And Slide-Out Keyboard Tray; Made In China
- Home Assembly Required; Hardware Included
- Measures 60 Inches Wide By 24 Inches Deep By 37 Inches High; Limited Lifetime Warranty
The Z-Line Belaire is a glass corner desk that is a great choice for both gamers and professionals. It features a metal frame to provide more stable support, a display shelf, and a keyboard tray.
It also comes with a roomy bottom that allows you to manage your cables and cords.
- Dimensions: 29" H x 51" L x 20" W
- Accommodates multiple monitors
- Includes universal CPU stand
- Includes 1 desk
- Join two desks for even more game space
The Walker Edison Soreno corner desk, on the other hand, is made of steel that features a tower stand at the bottom dedicated to CPU towers. It also allows flexibility for your desired cable management.
- Reversible configuration: pedestal can be placed on the right or left side of the Corner Desk
- Convenient soft tray for storing electronic devices while you stay connected
- Open cubby that doubles as bookshelf, or modem and router storage
- File drawer accommodates letter-, legal and A4-sized files
- Smooth full extension ball bearing slides on drawer for long-lasting use and an easy reach to the back
This corner desk is constructed of laminate which provides a smoother surface and sufficient room for the movement of arms.
It also comes with an integrated charging station and an open shelf with a ventilated back panel that prevents devices from overheating.