The Best Computer Gaming Desks in 2020
So, you’ve got the gaming rig, you have the headphones, the esports-ready mouse and keyboard. Your monitor is running at 144Hz and you’re almost ready to start gaming. The final touch to add to your new carved-out esports gaming section in your home is the best gaming desk you can find.
You might be wondering why a gaming desk would be an important part of your arsenal when playing games but having a gaming chair and gaming desk are really useful, not only for space but for utility value too. You could prop up multiple screens, you could finally have more than enough space for that huge mouse pad and it could play a massive part in your cable management system to keep your rig looking professional and awesome.
What We Look for in a Gaming Desk
- Space and Size
It’s important to note that perhaps one of the most important things to consider when picking a gaming desk, is getting one that’s the right size for you, and one that has enough space for everything you need. You’ll want a desk that allows you to fit your gaming chair, space for at least a single, large monitor (around 27”), your mousepad, and a full-sized mechanical keyboard too. It also helps to have a space for your headset and other things you may need with you.
Most commonly, you’ll find plastic, metal, glass, and wood. If it’s plastic, we want to ensure that it’s not some cheap plastic, but durable and long-lasting plastic. While glass can be tough to keep clean consistently, it’s a nice desktop material because it’s cool and sturdy. Metal is also a nice alternative for the top but is probably more likely to be in the structure of the desk, offering loads of stability. Finally, wood can also be good, as long as it’s not cheap, thin wood. After all, the desk needs to bear a certain load.
There’s a wide range in price on gaming desks but for the higher quality desks, you’ll usually want to spend a little more. With the desks that we list, you can be certain that you’re not just “paying for a name”, but you’re getting a high-quality desk with all the bells and whistles that will keep you happily gaming in comfort.
Some desks have a few added bonus features, and some do not. That’s not to say that the ones without any features aren’t good though. Some may have cup holders or headphone stands, some have built-in cable management, and some do not. The main thing to remember is that the desk that you prefer, whether it has features or not, still checks all of your boxes.
Gaming desks need to be easy to use and should just fit right into your life. You don’t want one that comes flat packed and takes you ages to assemble, but you also don’t want one that you have to keep tweaking to get it perfect each time. These desks are easy to use and are fit for their purpose, to do some gaming.
We’ve put together some of the best gaming desks in 2019 so that you can spend more time gaming and less time shopping around looking for the right desk. Here is our list for some of the best online gaming desks this year.
The Best Computer Gaming Desks in 2020 Overview Table
1. Atlantic Gaming Original Gaming-Desk Pro
- MADE FOR GAMERS – Atlantic’s Gaming Desk Pro is specifically designed for all your gaming gear, so you can focus on that epic battle. Made with durable steel leg construction and sleek charcoal colored carbon fiber laminated top, the curved desk front provides close-up comfort and ample room for your monitor, PC, laptop, games, speakers and more.
- FEATURE RICH – this gaming computer desk includes a charging stand for your tablet or smart phone, speaker stands which double as game storage, under-desk basket, controller stands, built-in wire-management, rear power strip holder, cup holder and headphone/VR headset hook.
- MONITOR & SMART PHONE STAND – 6 H x 7 W x 22 L inches elevated shelf supports up to 32 inch monitor. You can also charge your smart phone or tablet and have it comfortably at hand. These features free up valuable desktop space and with its smooth, rounded contours offer a contemporary style that adds a touch of sleek sophistication to any home office, dorm room or bedroom.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - our Customer Service team, based right here in the U.S.A. works hard to provide support for a wide assortment of items. For more than 30 years, California based Atlantic, Inc., receive calls with various questions about our products and we apply our best possible efforts to deliver the best possible solution for your purchase.
- Chair is NOT included with the gaming desk.
Kicking off with the Atlantic Pro Gaming desk, you can already see what a gaming desk is going to bring to your gaming corner as soon as you’ve laid eyes on it. Bear in mind, Atlantic does come with a few different options, so there is the Eclipse and the Gaming Desk, but here we’re focusing on the Pro. In fact, all of the Atlantic Pro Gaming desks are of exceptional quality, so should the Probe out of your price range or perhaps a little too extravagant, the other models could be exactly what you’re looking for.
The old adage that goes “designed for gamers, by gamers” is almost a stereotype in today’s day and age. But that’s exactly what the Atlantic Gaming Pro screams to us. It has durable steel legs with a carbon fiber laminated top. The desk has curved edges and provides plenty of space on top.
There’s a small charging stand on the table that’s perfect for your smartphone or tablet, the speaker stands on the sides, a basket underneath the desk, controller stands, and a cup holder. The monitor stand sits almost 7 inches above the desk height, giving you the right kind of height and elevation for long gaming sessions without having to suffer a sore back or neck.
If you’re popping this desk on a solid floor, then you shouldn’t have any issues, but if you’re planning to put it on a carpet, you mind find a bit of instability or wobble initially. It’s nothing that’s not going to be fixed by placing all of your gear on top of and once you add the weight of your own arms, the wobble is a thing of the past.
The monitor stand adds a little more real estate space to the desk and can easily handle monitors of up to 32”. There is enough space on the desk, we can all agree that. If there was a little more space though, it would be the best desk in the world. If you like to space out and have everything around you, the Atlantic may not be for you.
- Headphone holder
- Controller holders
- Tablet/smartphone holder
- Carbon fiber top
- Independent monitor stand
- Basket for storage
40.25” (L) x 23.5” (W) x 29.75” (H)
Monitor stand 21.87” (L) x 7” (W) stands 6.75” off the table
Weight limit of monitor stand: 40 lbs
Product weight: 42 lbs
What We Like:
Love the standalone monitor stand and all the neat little holders. The carbon fiber top has a nice feel to it and the desk was pretty solid once some weight was added to it and we were ready to game.
The Atlantic isn’t the cheapest option out there, but it’s definitely one of the most feature-rich. It’s easy to set up and its pretty lightweight too. You may have issues with the cross-leg design unless you plan to put it into the corner of a room on a solid floor.
2. Vitesse 47” Gaming Desk
Moving on from the cross-legged design, we’re looking at the Vitesse 47” Gaming Desk. This model also comes in a 55” spec, as well as a 47” design spec with LED lighting, but for now, we’re just going to focus on the base model.
Obviously, the number in the name denotes the length across the desk, an amount which we think is more than sufficient for gaming, even if you’re running a big gaming mouse pad and full-sized keyboard. The innards of the desk consist of fiberboard, which we weren’t initially so happy about, but after some time realized that it did wonders for the weight of the desk. It has a PVC surface coating and steel tube frames which give the desk a lot of stability.
You’ll also get the added cup holder on this desk, as well as the hook for your headphones and a removable controller rack that you can use. The deal that we found will actually also through in a Vitesse extra-large mouse pad too.
Assembly is easy and should take you no longer than 30 minutes and the manufacturer backs their desk by offering a free replacement or parts guarantee if you’re not satisfied in the first four months.
Some of the things you may not initially see on this desk are what they classify as “storage space” at the back of the desk, which can really be served as a neat way to cable tidy all the wires on your desk. With that, and the fact that there are double wire holes on the desk where you can run all your wires through, the desk really does look nice and neat whenever you want to get things set up.
There are also adjustable feet that come with the desk. They won’t make a massive difference, but if there is just the slightest bit of wobble, these feet can sort things out rather quickly.
- Headphone holder
- Carbon fiber top
- Adjustable feet
- Wire holes
- Cable management
47.2” (L) x 23.6” (W) x 28.5” (H)
Product weight: 55lbs
Max load: 220lbs
What We Like:
We love the feel of this desk, and for the most part, didn’t even feel like we needed to use a mousepad. The table feels very sturdy and promotes cable management.
It’s a bit of a bigger desk than what most people might be used to, but if it’s still too small, you can also consider the 55” range. Quick to assemble, easy to use and a really fantastic gaming desk to start playing on.
3. Arozzi Arena Gaming Desk
- The 160cm/5' 3 Inches width allows for three large monitors to envelop you in the game environment
- The 80 cm/2' 7 ½ Inches depth gives you a huge field of play for your mouse, keyboard or other devices
- Design of the custom mouse pad which has a microfiber cloth surface which is water-resistant. Desk Top Load Capacity : 176lb (evenly distributed)
- Arena is available in five attractive colors, red, blue, green, white and black ; Adjust the feet to stabilize the desk ; Loosen the screws to set up the height
- Arena is designed for easy transport since the desk top and frame are divided into three section
The Arozzi Arena Gaming Desk is a popular choice as of late and it’s quite easy to see why. Priced a little bit higher than some desks, the Arozzi is one that just envelops you into the gaming world whenever you use it. It doesn’t have any of the frills that other desks might have, it’s just exactly what it says on the tin.
Perhaps one of the coolest things about this gaming desk is the fact that it has cable management systems underneath the desk. There are three cutout sections in the desk and surface so that you can hide all the cables you need to underneath it. There’s a cloth there that will keep everything in place, making your desktop feel really tidy.
There are height-adjustable feet so you can meticulously change the height of the desk to suit any need and ultimately stabilize the desk.
This is a big desk. It has 14 square feet of the rock-solid surface. That means, measuring across, the Arozzi comes in at 62 inches. That gives you plenty of space to run three monitors in front of you, and the width of the desk is no slouch either at half that size. It’s big, it’s sturdy and it’s designed for gaming.
One of the interesting things we noticed was that the desk comes delivered in what’s essentially three separate parts. So, once it all arrives, you’ll need to assemble everything together which is fine, and thankfully, you don’t actually notice that it came in three parts because everything fits flush together.
- Fantastic cable management system underneath the desk
- Super sturdy
- Big capacity
- Massive open space
62” (L) x 31” (W) x 32” (H)
Product weight: 85.5lbs
Max load: 175lbs
What We Like:
It has an ergonomic front design and feet that are nicely spaced out. It promotes size and stability and we enjoyed the surface feeling of the desk.
The desk just screams minimalist gaming but in a very positive way. There aren’t any of the little features that you may previously have seen on other desks, and if you aren’t running more than one monitor then you might find there is way too much space. Either way, it’s a great addition to any gamer’s arsenal.
4. LAZZO Gaming Desk 41” Gaming Table
- ✅【MADE FOR GAMERS】 -This Gaming Computer Desk includes two speaker stands, a cup holder and a headphone/VR headset hook which expand table room a lot. Display support plate size 15.7" * 7.87"，Supports up to a 30" Flat Screen Monitor up to 40 pounds. The space below the support plate is 12.6" wide and 8.66" high，Enough to put down your favorite PS4 and XBOX game consolesand,Pad card slot is a fantastic design for pad fans.
- ✅【STORAGE HELPER】 - Unique cable storage incline keeps the space clean and organized.Round storage hole and 6pcs hub centralizes wires and saves space which effectively prevents clutter and winding. The under-desk basket designed for magazines and grocery offers extra room on surface which makes a better gaming enjoyment.
- ✅【HUMANIZED DETAIL】 - Curved front provides close-up comfort and creates a comfortable experience for long time close-distance gaming. The screen heightening shelf relieves sore neck and protects cervical health. Table length perfectly match an adult’s arm length and you can reach everywhere without standing.Display support plate thickness 1.8cm, support most of the display stand on the market, can better expand the game desktop
- ✅【GOOD QUALITY】 - Table board is made of durable and stable MDF composite board. The diamond-textured pvc skin is very beautiful, and it is easier to clean in case of stains on the desktop.Cold rolled iron frame ensures firm and safe. X-shaped leg structure increases stability and durability.Black and red represent energy and passion, distinctive color palette caters to the young’s individualism.
- ✅【Customer service & Guarantee 】 - 1 –year warranty.If there is any questions please feel free to contact with us, our experienced customer service team will response in 24 hours. We provide you with the best quality of service
Advertised as “for teens”, we don’t really buy it. The LAZZO Gaming Desk is a 41” gaming desk that has a slightly inward curve where you would sit, allowing the left and right sides to span out a little bit. The desk itself has got all the bells and whistles that you may want in terms of gadgetry such as cup holders, speaker holders, cable management and standalone monitor stand too.
The desk uses cross-legged stands which aren’t amazing for stability, but again, it’s a case of having all your equipment on it first, before you judge because the added weight solidifies the desk in position. We found that using this desk on a solid floor was far easier than something like carpet because this desk is obviously of good quality, it’s not exactly the most stable one we’ve ever encountered.
The elevated monitor stand is 15” by 7”, so it takes most monitors up to 40lbs and will be perfect for anything up to 30”. The only downside to this obviously, is that you won’t be able to have more than the single monitor on your desk. The cable management system helps keep things organized by having a wire hole on the far-right corner and a cable slot on the left-hand side.
The desktop has a diamond-textured PVC skin which makes it easy to clean and has power cord storage rings included with it, so you can stick them to the bottom of your desk, truly customizing your own cable management.
The LAZZO desk is a little striking at first because it looks a lot bigger than it is. It’s one of the smaller gaming desks on our list and runs at a decent length, but the width is a little shorter than most. This is actually okay because of the monitor stand, so you don’t have any space taken up by pesky monitor feet, but there’s also more space claimed by having the headphone holders on either side too.
- Drinks holder
- Headphone holder
- Storage under desk
- Great cable management system
- Standalone monitor stand
- Speaker holders
41” (L) x 23.5” (W) 30.3” (H)
Product weight: N/A
Max load: 200lbs
What We Like:
Having a monitor stand is a great idea because if you don’t spend huge money on a monitor, you likely won’t get to have a height-adjustable screen. This makes each desk with a monitor stand a nice addition because you can save yourself that neck pain. It does only mean one monitor though… We also liked that you can remove the monitor stand too, that’s a big positive for us.
It’s a little smaller than some of the other desks, and depending on your setup, it could actually be your ideal desk. If you have a smaller keyboard or mousepad and don’t require that much sweeping of the mouse, you could actually really enjoy this desk. It offers all the features that you’d want in a desk too.
5. Insoria Ergonomic Durable Gaming Desk
- [I SHAPE LEG DESIGN] Steel I-shaped legs with heavy duty base ensure its stability, withstanding 500lbs.
- [DETAILS] gaming style covering, two cable grommets, storage place, nylon feet mat protecting your floor.
- [EASY] assemble and install, widely used with laptops, AIO computers, or multiple monitors.
- [CUSTOMER SERVICE] Your feedback is important to us. Any problems welcome to contact us.
As far as minimalist gaming desks go, the Insoria is a nice addition to the lineup. It’s a standard rectangle-shaped design with I-shaped legs and it advertises that it’s a heavy-duty desk that can bear loads of up to 500lbs. That’s more than double most of the other desks we have on our list.
If you’re not one of those people who take up a lot of space on a desktop, then maybe you could even pop your tower case onto the table, keeping it free from dust on the floor. The desk measures in at a reasonable length and height but is a little narrow on the width side. This doesn’t have the monitor stand, so that’s something you’ll need to consider when looking at the space you need.
It has a stunning carbon fiber top, giving a nice, comfortable feeling. The base of the desk is heavy-duty, preventing any kind of wobbling and adding huge amounts of stability. There are also the LED lights that come with the desk, turning your gaming corner into a fantastic looking gaming den.
There are adjustable feet for this desk so you can get the perfect height setting and stability, and there are two cable management holes on either corner of the desk. You’ll also find that the back of the deck plays host to a storage box where you can put your extension lead or multiplug adapter in it.
- Clean finish and carbon fiber top
- Cable management system and storage box
- Heavy-duty table load
- Adjustable feet
- LEDs are always fun
47.2” (L) x 25.2” (W) x 30” (H)
Product weight: 40lbs
Max load: 500lbs
What We Like:
We like the adjustable feet, the carbon fiber top, and the cable management. With a single monitor and reasonably sized keyboard and mouse, you’d have enough space on top to game comfortably.
We love that this desk sells itself as heavy duty. If it were a little bigger on the width side of things, we feel it would be perfect. I can just imagine having my tower and 3 monitors on this and the table not even making a sound under all that weight. Sadly though, you won’t be able to fit that on top due to the limited real estate.
At the end of the day, picking a gaming desk that suits your needs perfectly is completely up to you. If you’re someone who runs three different monitors, then you’ve got plenty of options with some of the larger gaming desks. The people running a single monitor, you have those options too, because you can place your monitor up on the stand and still have a load of space to work with on top of the desk.
While the features that some of these desks have are fantastic, they aren’t necessary. Cable management is never something that needs to be done, but when it is done, it makes everything look fantastic. Headset stands, controller stands, and cup holders are all features, but they are features that you don’t necessarily need to have in order to make your gaming experience a comfortable one.
For the team, a lot of us enjoyed the Vitesse 47” desk because of space it offers, the stability it provides while still offering some of the features like a drinks holder and headphone holder.
Some moretop Picks: Gaming Desks
Here you will find a list of amazing gaming desks that people ACTUALLY use for gaming. Not another site where they just throw a bunch of desks together into a list. We will look at the most popular gaming desk selections, what sells the best, what makes setups look the best, and what has the highest review ratings.
MALM Gaming Desk – Best Overall Desk
- Width: 55 1/8 " Depth: 25 5/8 " Height: 28 3/4 " Max. load: 55 lb
- You can collect cables and extension cords on the shelf under the table top, so they’re hidden but still close at hand.
- Combines with other furniture in the MALM series.
- Includes 20 Floor protectors
Ikea Malm Desk Details
Starting off is the MALM desk which is an overall solid desk and I use it for one of my own desk setups and it is also used by TechSource in his perfect desk setup episode 1 and I completely fell in love with it it’s 55 inches in length and 25 inches in width. Nothing really too big but large enough to fit a couple of monitors and even your PC Case. The things I like about the desk cable management are extremely easy there’s a rack that allows you to place all of your power strips and keep a majority of the cables in there so that they are not hanging down. Definitely an awesome cable management setup for a desk.
It also comes in black brown and white and it has two drawers that can be used for storage. There is a perfect organizer that fits the MALM desk that will help keep things separated if you do decide to go with it I was like the flexibility during installation, it actually gives you the option to put the drawer on the left side instead if that’s what you prefer. The price is pretty steep but I assure you that you are getting what you pay for just overall a very solid an awesome desk, I highly recommend it
GET THIS DESK
LINNMON Budget Gaming Desk – Best Budget Desk
- Pre-drilled leg holes for easy assembly. Adjustable feet allow you to level the table on uneven floors.
- Screws for attaching the legs to the table top are included.
- Length: 39 3/8 " Width: 23 5/8 " Height: 29 1/8 " Max. load: 110 lb 4 oz
LINNMON Desk Details
Next up we have the extremely annoying yet popular Linnmon desk that we see so many of in setup Wars. The reason why it’s so popular because it’s simple it’s cheap and it gets the job done. For a very cheap price, you get a solid table that will hold up your minimalistic set up. Things I like: super small and compact. It doesn’t take up much space in your room and it comes in a ton of colors to choose from. You got black blue white brown and even the legs can be modified in the color you want which is great since you can match the color theme of your setup. I do suggest picking up a pencil drawer and installing it under the desk because this way you have some storage space for miscellaneous items no dedicated cable management area how is picking up a cable management rack will surely remedy that situation.
GET THIS DESK
- Push button control for easy height adjustment
- Large height adjustment range of 28" to 46.5"
- Standard lifting capacity of 200 lbs.
- Quick and quiet adjustment speed of 1.1" per second
- Sturdy even when at standing height with strong cross bar
This is my own gaming desk setup and the reason why I’m including this is that not only have I had this for almost three years, but this is still my favorite gaming setup even until today for several reasons.
It’s motorized giving me the option to lift and lower whenever I want.
This is the main reason, the surface area. It’s 72 inches in width making it one of the few if not the only motorized desk that wide. Even until today, I haven’t come across another motorized desk that comes close to 72 inches. I love having all that space since I have a bunch of stuff on it and I feel like it doesn’t really limit my ability to add whatever I want later in the future. Great for any gaming setup.
Things I like:
The enormous surface area. 72 by 30 inches to be exact.
Ability to lift and lower the desk with a press of a button.
Extremely sturdy and well built. This table has been through hell the past two and a half years and it still works like new.
GET THIS DESK
Ikea Desk : Hallestad – Best Multimedia Desk
- Can be placed anywhere in the room because the back is finished
- Size 14 1/8x27 1/2 "
- Plastic bumpers for holding the table top in place are included.
- Wipe clean using a damp cloth and a mild cleaner. Wipe dry with a clean cloth.
Ikea Desk: Hallestad Desk Details
This is more of a modded desk since it requires the Hallestad tabletop and two Alex drawer units. You basically use the drawers as support and slap on the tabletop. I really like this top specifically because it has an aluminum brushed finish which looks really good. Alto from TechSource’s Setup Wars episode 17 rocked this exact table layout and it just looked so damn good.
Things I like: very large surface area. This tabletop comes in either 74 or 98 inches for its width, that’s crazy long! Also, the premium feels and looks flexibility. You don’t have to buy Ikea drawers, you can actually place it on top of two objects that have the same height. And finally, the sturdy build.. even with all that stuff in the middle, it’s still as straight as Mel Gibson.
- Dimensions: 29" H x 51" L x 20" W
- Accommodates multiple monitors
- Includes universal CPU stand
- Includes 1 desk
- Join two desks for even more game space
The Walker Edison desk comes in an L-shaped style that offers a corner block for additional space. Its glass design gives a sleek and elegant design. Moreover, it is unrestrained by giving extra shelves for compact storage.
This item offers two rectangular desktops and a quarter-round shaped desktop. When combined, they form an L-shape style that provides a generous surface area for all gaming peripherals and monitors.
Made with tempered safety glass top
The tabletop of the desk is made from safety glass which offers a sleek design to the whole computer desk. It emphasizes the desk’s neatness and simple design.
Built with a CPU stand and keyboard tray
This feature allows you to place your CPU securely under the desk. The desk’s corners are securely designed to enclose the CPU steadfastly. A keyboard tray is also provided to store your keyboard in place. It can be installed underneath in the ether section of the desk.
Created with a durable steel frame
The entire desk is supported by a strong base made with a steel frame. It is glossed with a powder coat finish.
The glass top of the desk brings sophistication to the design of the computer desk. It gives off a clean finish which emphasizes the simplicity and neatness of the desk.
More storage space
This item comes with a CPU stand and keyboard tray that offers storage to these important computer peripherals, This gives more convenience to the desk’s functional design. With this advantage, you can already type in your desktop with great ease.
Abundant surface area
The L-shaped style of the desk gives more room for other computer peripherals and table ornaments. With this space-saving design, you can place this in any corner of the office or room.
Things to be aware of
A few users have complained that their glass top has easily broken into pieces. This could happen if you don’t handle it with care. Nonetheless, this product has satisfied the majority of its customers.
This item is a perfect addition to any room which searches for an elegant looking gaming desk. This is not limited to functionality alone, but it also offers a great space-saving benefit by giving you a neat organization of computer accessories through its extra shelves for keyboard and CPU.
Here’s a great video of a few super cheap options as well.