We are used to the thought that drones are expensive. Quadcopters under $100 are usually considered toys and are not taken seriously. While it is true that quality is linked to price, there are some decent budget drones worth considering.
If you are a beginner, then you are probably asking yourself what is the best quadcopter under 100? This question cannot be answered easily since your needs and expectations might vary from ours. Therefore, we have included a list of five different models that have the best price/quality ratio. In the end, we have reviewed what we consider is the best quadcopter for under 100 $. Nevertheless, each of the five mentioned drones is worth a closer look.
5. DBPOWER MJX X400W
Enjoy the ultimate 3D experience with the DBPOWER X400W! This drone is probably the only one in this category that fully supports 3D VR headsets. The drone comes with a mobile app that allows you to easily switch to a 3D split-screen display, and it is optimized for FPV. In brief, the DBPOWER X400W is the best quadcopter under $100 regarding 3D FPV piloting.
It also features an above-average stability thanks to its 6-axis gyro stabilization system. This will allow you to record without any notable jello effects. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- Genuine Product Guarantee!!! With C4005 Wifi camera!!!
- 3D rollover and one key to roll. High quanlity and durable in performance.
- With headless mode and one key return, easy to call back the aircraft
- Use 2.4GHz automatic frequency-hopping technology to control multiple aircraft flying.
- Function: 3D rolls, upward, downward, turn left/right, forward/backward, real-time transmission, and so on.
4. UDI U818A HD+
The UDI U818A is probably the most durable quadcopter under 100 $ on the market. It is one of the few drones that are virtually unbreakable, even if used by a beginner. Obviously, it will not stand excessive abuse, but it proved to survive impressive crashes without any serious damage. It also comes with a full replacement kit.
Its sturdy design also applies to its flight time – the UDI U818A comes with double batteries, which doubles the flight time. If paired with the appropriate charger, you can have fun with this drone for hours non-stop. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- The UDI U818A HD has the Headless/IOC function. Usually, the forward direction of a flying multi-rotor is the same as the nose direction. By using Headless/IOC, the forward direction has nothing to do with nose direction. This lessens the steepness of the learning curve and allows the pilot to enjoy flight while slowly learning each specific orientation of the quadcopter.
- 6 AXIS GYRO - Equipped with the latest 6-axis flight control systems, 3D lock, More scheduled flight, operating more to the force!
- 360° Eversion - One key 360°roll,continuous roll for perfect action and wonderful performance
- HD Video Camera - U818A HD equipped with 2MP HD video camera (Resolution: 1280 x 720; Framerate: 30 Fps), lets you control the aircraft Enjoy taking pictures/video of the pleasure flights.
- Upgraded Accessories - Extend your play time with two LiPO Battery and a upgraded 4GB Micro SD memory card.
3. QCopter Green Drone
This is a great drone to use at night. It comes with several colored LED lights, which can be manipulated using your controller. In fact, this drone looks great at the day as well thanks to its fancy ergonomic design. It comes with an HD camera, yet it is not designed to be used for FPV piloting.
The QCopter has extremely user-friendly controls. While the controller has a number of different buttons, it will take you only about 4 minutes to learn what they do and start enjoying all the features this drone offers.
Last, but not least, it is worth mentioning that the drone has great customer service on Amazon. Unlike most other budget drones, this one comes with a full instructional video. It covers everything you need to know about how to set up and pilot this quadcopter. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- NEVER LET BATTERY LIFE INTERRUPT YOUR SESSION AGAIN – Your QCopter Quadcopter Drone with Camera comes with a powerful 3.7V 1100mAh battery that can last as much as 30 minutes flight time compared to other brands that will last you just 6-8min fly time. Imagine never having to re-take that shot that was cut off short. And as if one battery isn’t enough, we’ve also provided a BONUS spare battery to make sure you’re unstoppable!
- SUPERIOR STRUCTURE FOR A SEAMLESS EXPERIENCE – With its superiorly made materials and stabilization system, shooting on bird’s eye has never been more convenient. This drone can perform well even on high altitudes and 100 meters or 300 feet control distance.
- BE A PRO IN 10 SECONDS – Operate your QCopter using your phone to enjoy realtime viewing right from your controller. And with its intuitive controls, beginners and even kids won’t be overwhelmed when using it. Each box contains a crash replacement kit so you can repair it without needing to go to a store!
- SEE THE WORLD FROM A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE – Take vivid aerial shots with the QCopter Drone. Equipped with an optimized High Definition Wi-Fi FPV Camera instead of the usual 720P, you can now easily zoom and crop photos and videos for that perfectly curated frame
- WE’RE HERE FOR YOU IF YOU NEED US – We at QCopter believe that every purchase of our Quadcopter Drone should be backed by an excellent after-sales support. Our company stands by our OUTSTANDING customer assistance to make sure you are fully satisfied with your purchase. What are you waiting for? Add to cart now!
2. Holy Stone F181
This is probably the most professional looking quadcopter you can find for the price. Even the controller looks like a modern console joystick. Nevertheless, don’t let the fancy looks fool you – this drone can take some nasty crashes without any problem.
It features a headless mode and four different speed modes. Beginners might start with the slowest one, and gradually increase it over time. The fastest speed setting is meant for skilled pilots and it allows you to win races and fight wind blows. The drone does not have a fast jaw, which makes it way easier to control. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- Equipped with one key return & headless security system to assist beginners and help prevent losing the drone
- Altitude hold function: powerful air pressure altitude hold function allows the drone to hover at it's current height after releasing the throttle stick. Easy for you to shoot quality images or videos.
- One key 360° 4-ways flip (left, right, forward, backward), Continuous roll for perfect action and wonderful performance
- Come with two batteries (bonus battery) for longer flight time.
- Range: About 50-100 meters. Battery flight time: about 7-9 minutes. Charging time: about 80 minutes. No FPV (first Person View).
1. UDI 818A HD+
The UDI 818A HD is an amazing entry camera quad. It is probably the best choice for those who would like to practice aerial recordings without breaking the bank. It comes with a 720p HD camera and allows you to record between 5 to 7 minutes of quality footage per flight.
It has great control, stability, and speed. In fact, it even allows you to perform 360 flips and rolls. It also features the headless mode and the return home functions.
In brief, the UDI 818A HD+ can be easily considered the best quadcopter for under 100 $, especially for those of you who are into aerial recordings. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- Drone comes fully equipped with Full 720p HD Video Recording and Camera with 1280 x 720 resolution (30 Frames per second). Perfect for shooting Video or taking photos
- Headless Mode: Orientation of the Quadcopter in relation to the pilot. Great function when the quadcopter is out of sight. The direction and orientation is dependent on the position of the user. One Key Return Home Function: Avoid lost aircraft and bring drone back with the simple push of a button.
- Quadcopter can Take High Resolution Photos and Video with 2MP Camera and included Micro SD card.
- Drone Ready to Fly and comes with 2 batteries (3.7v 500 mAh) for continuous flight. Great drone for all level including for beginners and advanced pilot.
- Lightweight Drone with HD Camera - No FAA registration required for the quadcopter only in stock form.
There are at least five quadcopters under $100, worth considering. While they might not be suited for professional usage, they are definitively way more than just toys. Beginners can use them to practice and get some valuable piloting experience; while more advanced users will find most of the fun to pilot, or even record aerial footage.