Nowadays, people look for budget drones that honestly are nothing more than daddy toys. Now, if you are really into drones, you might not be satisfied with what most of those cheap models offer. What if you’d like to make a long-time investment into a drone that steals the show every time you take it outside?
In this article, we will review the 10 top most expensive drones you can find. And no, it’s not about the price tag alone. It is easy to find scammers who would love to sell you a Hubsan for 10,000 bucks. Price is indeed important, but we will mainly focus on the features here. You will see only premium quality drones on this list!
In the end, we will mention the most expensive quadcopter and why we believe it is worth the price. Without any further delay, let’s get started:
10. Autel Robotics X-Star
Rating: (4.6 / 5) from 3 Customer Reviews
This is the cheapest drone in this review, and it is the kind of all-around quadcopter you would use to practice, record and race. This drone has literally no negative reviews in any of the big commercial platforms, which is really rare. When it comes to quadcopters, people tend to focus merely on flaws and negative aspects.
The Autel robotics drone is often compared to the Phantom DJI 3 by the way it is beginner-friendly. Most people use it for racing, though it comes with a nice 4K 12-p camera that proved to shoot some nice footage. Honestly, we prefer this one over the DJI 3 because of the better customer service. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- Quadcopter drone features a 4K (Ultra HD), 12-MP camera on a quick-release 3-axis gimbal.
- HD Live View (720p streaming up to 1.2 miles away) and autonomous flight modes including follow, orbit, and waypoints via the free Starlink app for iOS or Android (mobile device sold separately).
- Dual GPS/GLONASS outdoor navigation, SecureFly magnetic interference protection, and the Starpoint Positioning System for precise flying where GPS signals are unavailable.
- Intuitive remote controller with LCD screen for flight information and one-touch buttons for starting the motors, takeoff/landing, hover/pause, and going home.
- Included accessories: Premium hard case, 64-GB MicroSD card that can record over 2 hours of 4K video, intelligent battery for up to 25 minutes of flying time per charge, a 1.5-hour fast charger, spare propellers and small parts.
9. DJI Mavic Pro
Rating: (4.4 / 5) from 11 Customer Reviews
This drone definitely costs a lot, but it is totally worth it thanks to its great design and built quality. This innovative portable drone can be easily folded up to the size of a bottle – you don’t even need to take away the props!
The drone has about the same performance as the Phantom DJI 4. It is extremely easy to pilot – you will enjoy the great maneuverability even indoors! The whole bottom part of the Mavic is on metal, which greatly adds to its durability. The DJI Mavic Pro Bundle includes everything to start flying right out the box, which is: a 16GB Memory card, a controller, a battery, and an AC Charger. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- What's in this combo: Mavic Pro [US Version], 2 Extra batteries, 2 Extra propellers, 1 charging hub, 1 car charger, 1 battery to power bank adaptor and a shoulder bag
- The DJI Mavic Pro folds down as small as a bottle of water, making it small enough to bring with you everywhere.New OcuSync transmission system offers up to 4.3 miles (7km) of transmission range.
- Fly at up to 40mph (64kmh) or for as long as 27-minutes.True 4K, fully stabilized ensures smooth footageActive Track, Tap Fly and other smart features make professional looking video effortless.
- Obstacle Avoidance combined with sensor redundancy increases flight safety and reliability.
- Vision positioning paired with GPS and GLONASS ensures precise positioning indoor and outdoors.Fly by Phone over Wi-Fi for even easier flight
8. DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter Kit Bundle
Rating: (4.5 / 5) from 46 Customer Reviews
Phantom 4 is the best selling quadcopter so far. It’s widely praised for being one of the most beginner-friendly drones. Its obstacle detection and activity tracking features, along with an in-built GPS and great software support allows you to pilot the drone without touching the control sticks. All you have to do is point a place on the map and the drone will automatically go there. Now, you can always switch to the semi- or unassisted mode.
This kit comes with every tiny accessory you would ever need. It ranges from a 64 GB SD card to a camera lens hood, to a lens cleaning cloth. It includes an air blower cleaner, a lens cleaning pen, and even a remote controller neck strap. Finally, the kit comes with a Surmik full-sized sturdy backpack, designed to carry the drone with all the accessories. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- SHIP FROM SURE RC! Avoid obstacles automatically in the front direction. Track moving subjects automatically using ActiveTrack.
- SHIP FROM SURE RC! TapFly lets you fly with a tap of the finger. Smart Return Home allows the Phantom to avoid obstacles as it returns home.
- SHIP FROM SURE RC! 28 minute maximum flight time, maximum control range of 3.1mi (5km). Maximum speed of 44mph (72kmh).
- SHIP FROM SURE RC! Integrated gimbal for greater camera stability and smoother footage. Optimized Vision Positioning System raises positioning altitude up to 10 meters.
- SHIP FROM SURE RC! See the Description Section (Scroll down) for the complete list of what is included in this bundle kit!
7. Walkera Scout X4 sale: $540.99 (40%)
Rating: (4.3 / 5) from 9 Customer Reviews
This one is not meant for beginners. It has several negative reviews on Amazon because people expect this drone to be as easy to pilot as the DJI Phantom 4. What they ignore is that the Walkera Scout X4 is a different drone and it is meant to be used by experienced users only.
It is sturdy, fast and can be changed from 4 to 8 motors (also called Hybrid design). It takes some time to set up but once done, you will enjoy the pro features that are lacking in the Phantom 4. Note: It comes without a camera, but its gimbal is designed to carry a Go Pro. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- Includes: Scout X4 with Landing Retracts, Devo F12e Radio, LiPo, Charger, G-3D Gimbal, TX5803 Video Tx for GoPro, Ground Station Bluetooth Module
- Hybrid, can be changed from 4 for to 8 motors
- Flight time: Up to 25 minutes (unloaded)
- Flight range: up to 1500 meter
- Battery: 6cell 22.2V 5400mAh Li-Po
6. Tornado H920
Rating: (0.0 / 5) from N/A Customer Reviews
The massive Tornado H920 is the first drone in the list that is a hexacopter. It is pretty big, having a 22-inch diameter; it can hold up to three batteries for a total flight time of 42 minutes. Despite its huge size, this drone is very agile and easy to pilot. In fact, it is more trustworthy than the smaller models, since it does not crash if one of the motors fails mid-air.
In addition, it has enhanced stability and automation features thanks to the in-built GPS, compass and air pressure sensor.
This bundle comes with two additional batteries, a charger, and a comfortable case. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- Flight Time: 24 min
- Operating System: Android
- Tactile (Vibrating) and Audible Feedback: Yes
5. Walkera Voyager 4
Rating: (0.0 / 5) from N/A Customer Reviews
This expensive drone features 15-inch props, which provide superior stability and thrust. High diameter props are considered the best for aerial video shooting. This, combined with enhanced 3-axis brushless image stabilization allows the 4K 18X optical zoom camera to record professional-quality video footage. You can pan through 360 degrees and zoom in and out remotely.
The included controller has an inbuilt LCD screen that allows you to easily control and automate the flight, so you don’t have to coordinate every move manually. In fact, you can also automate the camera pan movement. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
4. DJI Inspire 1 Pro
Rating: (4.0 / 5) from 2 Customer Reviews
As its price tag suggests, the Inspire 1 Pro is not meant to be used by beginners. It is the enhanced version of the Inspire 1 and it has some amazing features. But first, let us mention that the drone is really easy to crash, if not used correctly. It takes some advanced knowledge and time to configure properly. Once done, the drone becomes easy to pilot. Alas, even then it lacks the fail-proof mechanisms you can find in the Phantom 4.
The Inspire 1 Pro has an MFT-style camera, which is meant for professional video footage recording. This is actually the strongest point of this drone. If you are into professional aerial video recording, then the DJI Inspire 1 Pro is definitely a great choice. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- Shell and remote controller transform into black
- New propeller and installation kits feature a smoother, even more reliable locking mechanism
- The new motor’s performance has also been improved, providing a greater sense of control
- Ready-to-fly aerial system
- 4K camera and 3-axis stabilization gimbal (Zen muse X5)
3. DJI Inspire 1 RAW
Rating: (0.0 / 5) from N/A Customer Reviews
This is probably the smallest (and most expensive) professional video recording drone. But don’t let the size fool you – this drone gets the job done. In fact, it is widely used by professional filmmakers and journalists.
These expensive quadcopters come fully equipped and ready to fly. The kit includes everything from the sturdy case, to a spare set of four props. It even includes a microfiber tissue to clean the camera and two pairs of batteries. It also features two controllers and it can be piloted using both at the same time.
Now, about the camera, the quality coming off the RAW footage is color accurate, sharp and easy to grade. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- DJI Inspire 1 Raw,DJI Inspire1 Raw,Inspire 1 Raw,DJI Inspire Raw,Inspire 1R
- The DJI Inspire 1 RAW is the smallest, easiest professional aerial filmmaking platforms in the world. They combine DJI's unparalleled leadership in aerial technology with world-class M4/3 imaging capabilities. Whether you are a professional photographer or a Hollywood filmmaker, the Inspire 1 RAW is ready to take your work to new heights.
- Use the Inspire 1 RAW just like you would a camera, with a shutter button for stills and a record button for video built into the remote control. It also features a jog dial that allows you to change camera settings quickly, and customizable buttons for you to personalize. Plug the DJI Focus into the remote control to extend its reach as far as the Inspire 1 RAW flies.
- The DJI go app gives you an unprecedented level of control over your camera while you fly. Use the intuitive auto focus mode to compose the perfect shot and change everything from focus to shutter speed and aperture with the tap of a finger. Through the same app you also control how your Inspire flies, from auto take-off and landing, to fine tuning of your flying experience and even a set of intelligent flight modes.
2. DJI MATRICE 600 and Ronin-MX BUNDLE
Rating: (0.0 / 5) from N/A Customer Reviews
The DJI MATRICE 600 is the second on our list, with only the Freefly ALTA being the most expensive quadcopter (or better said Hexacopter) on the market.
What we have here is a legendary bundle with the best DJI drone and their famous Ronin-MX gimbal set. This duo is often used to record movie scenes, including parts of high motion intensity and speed, like races. The drone can carry Red Epic, Arri Alexa Mini and other high-end cameras designed for high G-force environments. It comes with the A3 flight control system and has room for further upgrades. While it is a professional and complex piece of equipment, the DJI Matrice 600 is easy and quick to set up. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- Designed for professional aerial photography and industrial applications.
- Modular design makes the M600 easy to set up.
- Dust proof propulsion systems.
- All Zenmuse cameras and gimbals are natively compatible.
- Features a maximum payload of 6 kg allows it to fly the Ronin-MX gimbal.
1. Freefly Systems ALTA
Rating: (5.0 / 5) from 3 Customer Reviews
This is hands down the most expensive drone used in cinematography. It is specially designed for action scenes with low ambient light and illumination. It can carry up to 15 pounds of equipment, which means it is compatible with the most used professional gimbal and camera models.
Once you open the box, you will notice the “Made in the USA” label. The drone uses cutting-edge technologies and top design. This allows it to be extremely lightweight for its size and strength, and durable. It also features SYNAPSE Flight Controller sensors and the option to mount the MoVI to the top or bottom. And again, it only takes five minutes to set it up and start recording! Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- Fast Setup - Unpacks, ready to shoot, in under five minutes
- Heavy Payloads - Optimized for up to 15-pound payloads
- Sky View and Ground View Configurations - Capture cinematic aerial shots like never before with the option to mount the MōVI on top or bottom
- Ultra Lightweight Frame - Constructed of carbon fiber and made in the USA
- Integrated SYNAPSE Flight Controller - The Freefly SYNAPSE combines high quality calibrated sensors with proprietary control algorithms to allow users to execute complex flight patterns with ease
Professional equipment costs a lot, and the listed quadcopters are no exception. These most expensive drones are widely used both by individual professionals and by cinematographic companies. We honestly hope that you found this article informative and interesting. Please let us know your opinion in the comments section below!