In this article, we will review the five best quadcopters under $200, based on their durability, versatility, and speed.
While there are certain things you wouldn’t expect from a quadcopter under 200 dollars, there are always models that exceed expectations. Drones in this price range are small and are mostly used for practice and racing.
Obviously, smaller drones are lightweight and often require some additional flying experience and skill. Therefore, it is recommended to start practicing outdoors during quiet days. Avoid excessive heights and speeds, as well as rainy and windy weather.
The ultimate purpose of this review is to help you to choose the best quadcopter under 200. Each of the five models listed here has its own strong points. This means that the ultimate choice will depend on your expectations and needs. Let’s get started, which will be the best quadcopter under 200 for you?
5. UDI U28-1 Kestrel
Rating: (3.9 / 5) from 18 Customer Reviews
The Kestrel is specially made for FPV. It comes with a complete FPV package, which includes an HD camera and a controller with an LCD screen. The 4 inch LCD screen allows you to monitor the flight in real-time. Users report that there is no notable delay between what you see on the screen and what really happens with the drone. The HD camera has an above-average quality as well. It captures a high-quality 720p video without any jello distortions.
Such features might seem too good for this price, but there’s even more to it. The Kestrel is capable of flying and recording for long periods of time. This is due to its double 3.7v 500 mAh rechargeable LiPo batteries, and the 8GB micro SD card it comes with. The only possible downside is that the Kestrel is compact and lighter than other drones. While it has great overall stability, it is more vulnerable to wind than other quadcopters. Try to use it when the weather is calm. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- HANDHELD VIDEO REMOTE: Grab the yoke on this HD drone with camera live video and fly it like you would a real jet
- HD DRONE WITH FPV: Drone WiFi lets you fly in first-person view on the yoke’s 4-inch LCD screen
- 720P HD CAMERA DRONE: Store sharp pics/video from the drone camera on the free 4GB micro SD card
- AGILE STABILITY: Great kids drone or drone for beginners; Altitude Hold adds stability and Headless Mode makes flying easy
- SUPER GIFT DRONE: This unique video drone is a holiday treat and everyone’s gonna want a turn
4. DBPOWER UDI U842
Rating: (4.3 / 5) from 153 Customer Reviews
The UDI U842 can be considered the best quadcopter under $200 for beginners due to its outstanding durability. It features a reinforced frame and it also comes with four spare propellers. While this is handy, the quadcopter is designed in a way that propellers rarely break. Its reinforced motor guards prevent props from breaking even when the drone falls from several feet.
Nevertheless, advanced pilots enjoy piloting the UDI U842 as well. Unlikely the previous model, the UDI U842 does not feature an in-built LCD screen on the controller. Yet that’s not a significant issue, since you can use your smartphone alone to control and monitor the quadcopter in real time. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- HIGH-DEFINITION WIFI-REAL TRANSMISSION FOR INCREADIBLE IMAGES: Now you are in total control and take photos and video you like with the drone. It capture it all 720p HD camera, Real-time sharing to the social network so that friends can feel pleasure.
- 720P HD CAMERA, RECORD WONDERFUL MOMENTS: Let drone be your eyes, record the wonderful moments life. With sky prespective, View more beautiful image, restore true color. Shocking panoramic view when travel, party, or sports.
- NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT LOSING IT: Thanks to the headless mode, control of this drone is easy and you do not need to worry about the direction of the drone when flying it. You’ll have total control for a straightforward flying experience.
- BONUS BATTERY TO DOUBLE YOUR FLYING TIME: Equipped with two large-capacity batteries which can last up to 18 minutes on a full charge, giving a longer flying time than compared to the industry average flight time of 6.5 minutes.
- DESIGNED FOR BEGINNERS OR KIDS, EVEN THE NOVICE CAN EASY TO MASTER: Headless mode, low power and out of range alarm, so functional design, suitable for novice operation.
3. DBPOWER U818A
Rating: (3.9 / 5) from 119 Customer Reviews
Have you ever wanted to have immersive flight experience? The U818A is a First Person View (FPV) drone that is specially designed to be used with a VR set. It features great Wi-Fi connectivity with your smartphone. It takes only a minute to install the app and link your drone to your phone. Then, you simply place the smartphone in a VR set and you’re good to go!
The drone comes with an HD camera that supports up to 720p video resolution. Last, but not least, the U818A features headless mode. This means that you will no longer need to figure out where is the front of the drone. This feature makes it way easier to pilot. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- No FAA registration: this quadcopter does not require any registration on FAA, ready to fly out of the box.
- Hover/ barometer set height function: built in altitude-hold technology: the air pressure sensor helps hold the flight stably at a certain height, so you can get high quality stable videos and photos, great for starters beginner to intermediate hobbyist.
- First Person View: featuring 2 megapixels camera and 5.8GHz wireless monitor screen, record all your wonderful time, Enjoy real time beautiful scenery and live video feed in high-definition directly from the monitor LCD screen.
- One key taking off and landing: the quadcopter is equipped with one key taking off and landing, which makes the drone easier to fly and better to control for any level of players.
- What You Get: Potensic After sale service, F183DH 5.8GHz FPV RTF RC Quadcopter, 2.4 GHz Transmitter, 2 Megapixels Camera, 5.8GHz FPV LCD Screen, Carrying Case, (3) 7.4V 500mAh Batteries, (2) Spare Motors, 4GB TF Card, USB Card Reader, USB Battery Charger, 3 in 1 Charging cable(4) Extra Blades, User Manual.
2. JJRC H8D
Rating: (0.0 / 5) from N/A Customer Reviews
A drone that does not requires FAA registration, how cool is that? This advanced drone features an enhanced 5.8 GHz Wi-Fi connectivity with its controller. This means that the drone will be under your control even from 100 meters away.
The quadcopters come equipped with a 720p HD camera, which is praised for having little to no jello effect. You can use it to record and you can simultaneously access it through the LCD screen built in the controller. The high signal spectrum provides you with a lag-free FPV experience. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- WIFI FPV - This drone includes WiFi connectivity and the ability to view your flight through FPV (first-person view) in real time
- VR HEADSET COMPATIBLE AND LIVE VIDEO - Sync a compatible VR headset (not included) directly with the controller to really bring life to your flight! Enjoy live video and photo feeds while in flight
- HD CAMERA - Capture pristine high definition 720p aerial photos and videos of everything in its path with its 2MP stationary camera. Video footage has been upgraded to 1280 × 720 at 30 FPS, which is a major plus for aerial photographers and videographers
- HEADLESS MODE – Prepare yourself for a super smooth and steady flight; It’s ready to fly straight out of the box and there is no need to adjust the position of the quadcopter prior to taking off
- GREAT FOR BEGINNERS - Its lightweight, ready to fly design makes it a perfect choice for novice pilots
1. UDI U818A
Rating: (4.0 / 5) from 614 Customer Reviews
This one can be easily considered the best quadcopter under $200. The reason is simple – for only $139.99 you get the same features as you’d get from a drone worth double the price.
The UDI U818A has it all. Let’s start with stability. This quadcopter comes with a 6-axis gyro stabilization system, while most of the other models have a 3-axis one. This results in greater wind resistance and enhanced motion balance. Speed is another strong point of this model – it has excellent acceleration and glides through the air. The drone feels agile and is easy to pilot. It is great for beginners as well as for more experienced pilots. Check Price & Customer Rating Here
- FIRST PERSON VIEW with VR HEADSET COMPATIBILITY: Enjoy live video feed from your mobile device with all new FPV WiFi feature; Easily sync your VR headset to your controller, to really bring life to your flight!
- HEADLESS MODE: Intelligent orientation eliminates the need for repositioning. Great for beginners!
- RETURN HOME FUNCTION: Avoid lost aircraft and bring drone back with the simple push of a button.
- 6 AXIS GYRO STABILITY: A multi-axis gyro offers extra stability for easy handling and 360¡ã flips.
- 2MP HD CAMERA: Capture pristine HD aerial footage and photos; Quadruple your flight with 2 LiPo batteries and Bonus Power Bank
It is possible to enjoy good quadcopter without breaking the bank. While usually drones under $ 200 work only as starters, there are some models that do way more than that. Whether you’re looking for a decent quadcopter under 200 or just want to learn more about the topic, we hope this article was of help.