Just think is you were a Firefighter, EMT or Search and Rescue person, and your life is on the line every time you go to work. Don’t you think that you would want one of the best firefighter flashlights so you can see in the smoke? Well, that is precisely what these 3 lights do when faced with heavy smoke, or just the cover of night. One thing in common with these flashlights is the fact that they are specifically designed to have good flood beam but a spectacular long-range beam of light. It is the narrow, long-range beam of light that aids the firefighters to see through the smoke in a burning building.
Big Ed “Pelican”
I found the Big Ed “Pelican”, model 3700, 90-degree flashlight to be extremely helpful on the job. The strength of the beam, in particular, is absolutely amazing when it comes to search and rescue. It provided more light than I’ve had available with any of the other firefighter flashlights that I’ve used and I’ve used many. There is even a backup lamp just in case the main lamp goes out which is important in my line of work.
I need to be able to move quickly and I’ve been in a few awkward positions that required a lot of shuffling around where my equipment is concerned. Using a flashlight that required constant handling was never very convenient and up until I found my new Big Ed “Pelican”, that’s exactly what I was left trying to figure out. Now all I have to do is keep my flashlight on my shoulder strap so that I can use it when I need it or just clip it to my coat so that I have a steady beam at all times.I have a few favorite features with this particular flashlight and they include:
- The ability to change the battery with the quick ejection system
- The fact that it is so lightweight
- The stainless steel clipping system
- The backup emergency lamp
- 2 hrs (primary) 5 hrs (back-up) Battery Burn time
- 4 C NiCad Batteries (Included)
- Tested Lumen Value
- PR based, Xenon gas(primary) and Krypton gas (back-up) filled lamp modules
The Big Ed “Pelican” has been worth every penny spent and I’d definitely recommend it to anyone in need of a fantastic flashlight.
Pelican Big Ed 3700 Flashlight (Yellow)
I recently purchased the Streamlight-Survivor-C4 flashlight and I must say I am very pleased. You see, one of my best friends is a firefighter by profession and he says I have to buy one and write about it. As a firefighter by profession, I can see why this is one of the most trusty tools out of all firefighter flashlights that I use.
There are a couple of reasons for my review here but the most important of them is to recommend this flashlight to those who need quality and reliability when it comes to their flashlight in a search and rescue situation. There isn’t a single thing about the Streamlight flashlight that I don’t like but there are a few features I’d like to highlight because they have made a difference in my daily use. They include:
- The ability to control the beam with the microprocessor controlled high and low-intensity modes
- The fact that it is made of unbreakable polycarbonate and enclosed in the heavy-duty bezel
- The unbelievable strength of the beam
- Shockproof dual C4 premium LED technology delivers 200 lumens
- Features a 210 degree articulating head that rotates a full 360 degrees
- Removable magnet with 135 lbs pull strength features a replaceable rubber boot
- Unbreakable polycarbonate lens with silicone anti-scratch coating assembled in a heavy duty bezel; O-ring sealed
- 4AA battery model, not rechargeable
Streamlight 90541 Survivor LED Right Angle...The Surefire G2D compact flashlight is a flashlight but for me, it is also a tool that provides the ability to control the outcome of everyday work situations as an EMT or even S&R. My flashlight is a tool that can literally save my life when I can use it properly and faithfully. The Surefire has given me both a flashlight with amazing functionality and a flashlight that I can count on when it matters.
I love so many things about this new Surefire but my favorites would have to be:
- The 3 level light settings for the flexibility that I need in a flashlight
- The indestructible, polycarbonate, impact-resistant window
- The fact that it is extremely lightweight and easy to handle
- The extra-long fluorescent lanyard
Surefire G2D compact
There are a lot of other features that I love about this flashlight and that is why I wrote this review. It is also why I highly recommend the Surefire G2D compact flashlight to anyone with a need for the reliability and functionality that the Surefire gives to me.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Three output levels: 15, 60 and 115 Lumens Two 123A Lithium Batteries
- MIL-STD-810 rated, safe for explosive atmospheres
- Tough, lightweight Nitrolon body with deep grid pattern for secure grip
- Tailcap click switch—press for momentary-on, press further to click constant-on
If you are like many firefighters, EMTs or your job is all Search and Rescue, then you know the importance of high-quality gear AND taking care of it so it works when your life is on the line. That is exactly how I feel about these 3 torches here.