With Actual Customer Support, the Swagway X1 Hands-Free Smart Board might be my favorite hoverboard of 2015 and 2016.
I saw my first Swagway X1 Hands-free Smart Board at an old-school indoor mall in South Jersey about a month ago. That was the moment I knew, “this trend is going to be big!”
First of all, the clerk zipped around on his Swagway from one customer to the next and couldn’t have seemed more at ease on the hoverboard. That point right there really sold a lot of the bystanders.
Second, everyone (including myself) was taking pictures of the Swagway stand. Seriously? Pictures of a Store? You’d think these were Apple Store or some type of Product Launch with the way people were snapping photos of the attendant and everyone trying to ride one.
Swagway has captured the perfect name for this type of hoverboard and the cultural mood around them right now, I couldn’t have picked a better name myself if you gave me $1,000,000 and 6 months to come up with it. For product/market fit, the Swagway X1 Hands-free Smart Board has hit the nail right on the head.
Let’s take a look at some of the claimed benefits of the Swagway (These all come from Amazon, so other retailers may have different warranties)
- The fastest, lightest model is available. But it still features zero degrees turning and can climb up to a 15-degree incline.
- Make your commute an adventure at 10MPH, 20 miles per charge!
- Easy to learn – simply lean your body and the Swagway does the rest. You’ll get the hang of it in just a few minutes.
- U.S. brand. FCC, RoHS, CE, WERCs, Prop65, UN38.3 Certified.
- One year warranty if you register online. Authorized sellers: Better Choice Online, AlsoPopular
Even the box is kinda cool. Finally a company that’s trying to build a brand name AND sell it via popular stores like Amazon and other online providers.
Each Swagway Box comes with everything you need:
- The Swagway X1 Hands-free Smart Board
- One 100-240v AC charger with US plugs (Be careful if you take this to Europe and plug it into the wall – as we’ve unfortunately learned) – If you plan to use this overseas, all you need is a power adapter (US plug to your local plug) – no voltage adapter required since it is already has a 100-240v charger.
- User Manual (in English, basic manual – not really required).
(You DO need to charge it out of the box, especially if you are giving it as a present to someone. You don’t want to give them a present and then spend 2 hours watching it charge, that’s not cool!)
Recommended Vendor – Why?
I haven’t done a Vendor recommendation until now. Why? Because all vendors seem to be cheap knockoffs from China and there’s ZERO customer support and almost no way to differentiate one hoverboard from the other. However, the vendors at this Amazon link actually HAVE customer service! Hallelujah! You can read the Amazon reviews just to see how they actually listen to customers and try and resolve any issues that come up.
I don’t have any special relationship with that vendor, all I know is the reviews indicate that they actually care about their customer. And when I see that, I want to make sure people know about it.
Honestly, we need a lot more hoverboard sellers like the ones selling the Swagway X1 Hands-free Smart Board. Hoverboards need to stop being sold by cheap Chinese knockoff companies and supported by more reputable and verifiable vendors. I’m very happy I’ve finally found at least one.