Are you looking for the best men’s conditioners on the market? There are hundreds of them, so you may not know where to look or how to choose one. Don’t fret as we’ve got your back. Below, we’ve run through seven great products that we tested out and found to be some of the best available. So keep reading to find out more.
The 7 Best Men’s Conditioners- An Overview
For some time, and for whatever reason, society has frowned upon men using self-care products. This has now changed as manufacturers are starting to realise that self-care is for all. As a result, there is an increasing number of men’s conditioners on the market, making it even harder for you to choose the right product.
Conditioners are great for your hair. They nourish it a lot better than a shampoo can. So if you have any underlying hair problems such as dandruff or an itchy scalp or merely just want shiny and healthier hair, a conditioner would be just what you need.
Before we jump in, why don’t we go through our 7 picks?
The 7 Best Conditioners
1. It’s a 10 Haircare Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin
- NOURISHING: Our Miracle Leave-In Spray is a great addition to your hair care routine to help condition, smooth, and maintain keratin straightening treatments while leaving your hair feeling silky, smooth, and strong
- REPAIR & REBUILD: This lightweight conditioner spray helps penetrate deep into the root of your hair to rebuild dry and damaged hair from the inside, out
- HEAT PROTECTANT: Use to help protect hair from natural damage such as sunlight and heat and leave hair healthier from the inside and out
- HOW TO USE: Hair’s most important nutrient, keratin, is a powerhouse of revitalization and can be used straight out of the shower as a detangler or as a heat-protectant spray.
- FOR ALL HAIR TYPES: No matter your hair type, this hard working helper gives curls soft, frizz-free definition and makes straight styles mirror-smooth, all while making your hair healthier with every application
We all know how lazy guys can be, which is why this leave-in shampoo is sure to be your new best friend. Not only can you skip showering, but styling as well. It can act as a styling cream, which is great if you’re on a budget.
However, you can only use it to style your hair if it’s dry, which won’t be too much of an issue.
It’s not just any dry conditioner, it’s also jam-packed with keratin. So, hair follicles will be well nourished. This is why the conditioner is known for its ability to tackle frizz, which shows.
Keratin doesn’t just keep your hair healthy. If you have straightened your hair, it keeps it intact.
Unfortunately, there are parabens in it. This isn’t surprising as it’s a leave-in conditioner. However, Parabens are known to dry hair out. You won’t have to worry as everyone who’s used the 10 Hair Care Miracle has been left with soft, subtle locks.
We love a cruelty-free conditioner, which is why the 10 hair care miracle is so great. Not just this, it’s gluten-free.
There’s a kicker though. It’s $17 for a 4 OZ bottle.
2. K + S Men’s Hair Conditioner – Stylist-Level Hair Care Products for Men
- ⌘ BATTLE READY – From top to bottom, this lightweight conditioner leaves your locks prepared to take the day. Supplying hydration, it soothes your hair and your aura, giving you clarity for the tasks ahead, and leaves your hair in perfect form by eliminating frizz and dryness.
- ⌘ OIL OF THE GODS – The Peppermint Oil intertwined with this vitamin rich conditioner serves to not only help soothe dry scalp and reduce dandruff, but offers stress management, and elevates your mood. Achieve enlightenment and feel energized. It’s just part of the Path of the Warrior, and Krieger + Söhne will lead the way.
- ⌘ HEAL YOUR HAIR – Scars are reminders of the past. The only way to true illumination is removing those scars and making way for the strong, unbroken hair of your future! Wipe the past away, and heal from the inside out! This is true warrior grade refreshment, and the only way to finish off that warrior clean!
- ⌘ WARRIORS RESPITE – Krieger means warrior in the Germanic tongue, and we strive to bring you only top tier, warrior grade products like this one. Our men’s conditioner is the calm before the storm, and fits in perfectly with our full line of Krieger + Söhne products. Buy the whole grooming set today, and begin your journey to become a true warrior!
- ⌘ REST EASY – Just as with all Krieger + Söhne Products, if for any reason, you aren’t completely satisfied with our men’s conditioner, or it’s just not for you, just send it back our way for a prompt, full refund of the purchase price. What could be better than a LIFETIME GUARANTEE? Our customer service is second to none, and your satisfaction is our priority.
We all hate dandruff You’ll never have to worry about it with the K + S conditioner by your side. It comes with peppermint oil that is known to rid the scalp of dandruff. It’s double trouble as the oil is great for tackling stress as well.
That’s not all. It’s a miracle worker when it comes to dry scalps, so you’ll never have to worry about an itchy head again.
Certainly, the K + S conditioner isn’t cheap. However, it does its job. This is especially true as the serum is pretty thick. This means a little goes a long way. Many users have said that it lasted well into a year.
With one look at the label, you’ll see how vitamin-rich it is. If you know anything about conditioners, you’d know that vitamins keep your hair hydrated, moist and healthy. Vitamin E is great for scars, which the K + S conditioner helps with.
The K + S brand itself is pretty popular. They’re one of the most reputed in the men’s haircare game, so you’re working with the best. Due to this, it’s no surprise that the conditioner is cruelty-free.
It has a minty smell that isn’t overpowering. We’re certainly fans of it, and so are the thousands who’ve bought the product.
Yes, there are no Parabens, but there are sulfates. Frankly, we’re disappointed.
Before we move on, can we just talk about the bottle? It looks stylish and you’ll love having it on your bathroom sink.
3. DevaCurl One Condition Original
- One condition original conditioner: If you want to give your curls a dose of essential moisture, then you've come to the right conditioner. The Original Conditioner is a must-have for soft, hydrated, frizz-free curls. The conditioner will leave you with bouncy curls that are just plain gorgeous.
- Original conditioner: The DevaCurl Original Daily Cream Conditioner locks in moisture for healthy hair. This nourishing conditioner tames frizz and flyaways and will leave you with hydrated defined curls.
- How to use devacurl original conditioner: Cleanse your hair with DevaCurl No-Poo Original Shampoo. Apply the Original Conditioner to your wet hair and use your fingers to gently detangle your curls, gliding through the ends to thoroughly moisturize. Rinse as needed.
- Moisturizing formula: This rich, creamy conditioner is made with moisturizing olive oil and nourishing botanicals to deliver softness and hydration. Its herbaceous scent of Lemongrass is lush and refreshing.
- Devacurl promise: All DevaCurl products are 100% sulfate, paraben and silicone-free. They are also vegan, wheat, and cruelty-free.
We love the DevaCurl. The conditioner is cruelty, sulfate, silicone and gluten-free. This along with the fact that it’s an amazing product means it has a special place in our hearts.
All of its ingredients are natural. This means you can use it without stressing about what its made of. It certainly does an amazing job as your hair will be left super moisturized. You don’t even need curls as DevaCurl works wonders on slight waves.
Some fragrances in it make your hair smell like lemongrass, but what gives?
It’s very creamy, which is no surprise as it can work on some of the most stubborn curls. With it by your side, you’ll forget that frizz even exists.
It has vitamin C & E which are usually great at tackling hair loss.
4. American Crew Daily Conditioner
- It's the leading salon brand created specifically for men and the stylists they trust
- Natural shine finish.
- Adds structure and body to the hair.
- It is an energizing conditioner
- Fortified with Panama Bark extract
Ever used a conditioner that made your hair tingle? No? Well, you can change that with the American Crew. Once lathered on, it makes your head tingle, which can be quite addictive.
It smells great too. You get a peppermint scent that is certainly not mild. It has a kick of Thyme in it, which makes it even better. However, this can be overwhelming for some users. What’s more, it has Parabens in it.
It also contains Panama bark extract. It strengthens your hair while keeping it shiny. This along with Vitamin B keeps the collagen healthy.
The cherry on top is that American Crew is a cruelty-free brand. So, you can have great hair without a guilty conscience. It’s also gluten-free, so keep this in mind.
The conditioner is certainly not the cheapest, but it’s not overly expensive either. This makes it even more appealing.
It comes in multiple bottle sizes. The one we reviewed was 33.8 OZ, but there’s an 8.4-ounce version out there.
5. Ultrax Labs Hair Solaye | Caffeine Hair Growth Stimulating Solace Conditioner
- Highly Effective Caffeine Hair Regrowth Conditioner
- Works in conjunction with Ultrax Labs Hair Surge shampoo for unrivaled results
- Leaves hair silky soft without weighting it down
- Hair Solaye Conditioner is effective for both Men and Women
- Revitalizes the scalp while enhancing proper follicular function
It’s one of our favourites on the list, but we had to rank it towards the end because of its price tag.
If you suffer from hair loss, it’s one of the best products you could use. It uses caffeine to tackle the DHT hormone that’s responsible for hair loss.
With a quick look at the back of the bottle, you’ll see that it has several anti-inflammatory components. If you aren’t aware, this will cure an itchy scalp. As you can imagine, this helps with hair loss as well.
Like a lot of the conditioners on our list, it’s not just for men. This is great considering its pretty pricey, so your wife can use it too.
Let’s not forget that it leaves your hair soft and bouncy. The Ultrax certainly moisturizes and revitalizes the most overworked hair.
The scent isn’t that strong, which is a plus. There’s a slight herbal fragrance that’s pretty appealing.
Of course, we wouldn’t be fans if it wasn’t cruelty-free!
Unfortunately, there’s only an 8 FL oz bottle. Since the conditioner isn’t the cheapest, this may make or break your decision to make a purchase.
6. Jack Black – Nourishing Hair and Scalp Conditioner
This product is one of the deepest hydrating conditioners on our list, no question about it. It has Jojoba, tea tree and seed oil which are ingredients that penetrate follicles and nourish them. Although a lot of conditioners on our list are great at hydrating, the Jack Black is easily the best.
We love conditioners that come in great-looking bottles. The Jack Black doesn’t disappoint as its tube is sleek. Thanks to its design, it also makes squirting out conditioner pretty easy. You won’t need much of it as it’s quite thick. Yes, the Jack Black conditioner isn’t the cheapest, so its thick conditioner means you can use it for a long time.
Since it’s so great at moisturizing, it can help with itchy scalps. However, it doesn’t do as good a job as the K + S.
Not only do you want your hair to feel good, but you’ll also want it to look good. Don’t fret as the conditioner comes with silk protein. So, your hair is going to be shiny.
Overall, your scalp is going to be very healthy as the conditioner comes with green tea extracts. If you’re not aware, they have major anti-bacterial properties.
If you guessed it, yes, the conditioner is cruelty-free. Thankfully, it doesn’t have parabens either.
It has a light scent, but we feel that it’s too light. It’s almost non-existent, which isn’t bad. However, we love getting a little kick of something in the shower.
7. OGX Hydrating TeaTree Mint Conditioner
- HELP HYDRATE & NOURISH YOUR HAIR with our conditioner for fine, damaged, oily, & frizzy hair that needs extra moisturizing & nourishing love. Daily use formula helps to smooth hair, reducing appearance of split ends for a healthy-looking glow.
- NOURISH & DETANGLE: OGX's Tea Tree Mint formula is for straight hair, curly hair, thick hair, thin hair. Gentle enough for fine hair & fierce enough for thick or coarse hair. Helps to nourish, rejuvenate & detangle hair as it works deep into every strand.
- BEAUTY PURE AND SIMPLE: OGX hair care products are inspired by nature. We don’t try to make hair look “perfect” because we’d rather make hair look fuller, smoother, straighter, curlier, or bouncier & smell irresistible while we’re at it.
- ROCK WHAT YOU'VE GOT: OGX hair care products are designed to bring out the best in your hair, no matter what type or texture. Whether you need quenching moisture for curly hair, protection for colored hair, blowout cream, or matte pomade--we've got you.
- YOUR ORIGINALITY INSPIRES US; at OGX we don't try to make your hair look perfect because it is. We'd rather make it look fuller, smoother, straighter, curlier or bouncier and smell irresistible too, so you love it even more
Didn’t we say we love conditioners with great packaging? Well, the OGX didn’t disappoint in that respect. It fits comfortably in your hand too, which helps when you’re slippery in the shower.
The conditioner’s formula is known to be very powerful. This is why it can work on any hair type, whether it’s coarse or wavy. Its tea tree mint mixture instantly gets rid of split ends. Not only does it help with all hair types, but women can use it too.
The formula is pretty unique. You’ll notice that it doesn’t make your hair look any different. It just improves on the features you already have. So, it increases aspects like bounce and shine.
One of the bests parts is that it keeps colour or dye locked in. So, you won’t have to buy another expensive conditioner for this.
Like any good conditioner, it’s sulfate, Paraben and cruelty-free. As a result, it offers the total package.
It has a peppermint scent. In our opinion, it isn’t too strong or mild.
There was a time when it was considered unfashionable for men to groom themselves, especially when it came to hair care. However, without proper maintenance, the proteins in your hair can be lost. The conditioners we have looked at will help prevent this.
From the five options we discussed, it’s clear that the 10 Miracle Hair Care Conditioner is the best value for money.
Why? It saves you time. You can lather it on and hit the road. It’s not very expensive either. The conditioner acts as a styling gel, which eliminates added expenses. The fact that it nourishes your hair while making it look good is a huge plus. Unfortunately, it has parabens in it.
Parabens aren’t the best for hair follicles, but they act as preservatives so they’re present in various conditioners on the market.
Yes, the 10 Miracle Hair Care conditioner is the best, but the K + S Men’s gave it a run for its money. It does the trick not just for men, but for women struggling with dandruff too.
The K + S conditioner has peppermint oil, which prevents itchy scalps. Let’s not forget that it soothes as well.
It comes in a pretty appealing bottle too. We’re also glad that the conditioner is thick. This means it can last well into a year.
Although the OGX is on the bottom of our list, it’s still a good purchase. The tea tree mint mixture in it means that it will tackle split ends in any hair type. Moreover, it’s suitable for both men and women, so your whole family can benefit from its properties.
All in all, the conditioners featured on our list will nourish your hair and leave you feeling satisfied. So do you have a favourite that you’re hoping to get your hands on?