If you’re the type of person that suffers from dry skin then I would recommend a shower head water softener to help protect your skin while showering. You can find tons of great water softener shower heads right on Amazon that can easily be installed within a few minutes and anyone can install these, it’s simple! So if you’re looking for a new shower head filter system then I would check out some of our recommendations below. We have gathered information on tons of water softener for showerheads and picked out the best-selling and top-rated showerheads.
Shower Heads with Water Softener Guide
How Water Softeners Work
A water softener takes the hard water and softens it by removing the calcium and magnesium that is found in the water. When you hook up a shower head filter the water passes through exchanging ions in the water and making them softer when it exits than when it entered. They need to be cleaned from time to time and usually, salt is used in this process. Also having one of these softeners can also help your shower plumbing last much longer than you not owning one.
Installing a Showerhead Water Softener
Installing one of these is very simple and can be done just about on any shower unless you have some really old and outdated stuff. However, I don’t that’s the case and usually can have one of these showerheads installed in just a matter of minutes. Below we have a video that shows you how easily it can be to install a shower head filter on your own.
Reviews on Water Softener Shower heads
Aquasana AQ-4100 Deluxe Shower Water Filter System with Adjustable Showerhead
The Aquasana is perfect because it’s very efficient and super easy to install. Another great thing is that this particular filter allows you to keep your current shower head or upgrade to any new one of your choice. This filter will remove the harmful materials in the water and give you a better showering experience, better skin, and more shiny hair. For $60, I believe this is one of the best water softeners for showers and don’t need to spend $100’s of dollars on more expensive brands.
- Healthier Skin, Hair & Air - Reduced harmful chemicals means more moisturized skin, healthy shiny hair, and less chlorine in your shower steam.
- Premium NSF Certified Filtration Media - Natural coconut shell carbon reduces chlorine, lead, iron and other harsh chemicals, while copper & zinc media enhances your water's PH balance.
- Maximum Filtration & Water Pressure - Constructed with a unique up flow design which prevents clogging, increases contact time with media, and maintains water pressure.
- Long Lasting & Cost Efficient Filtration - Our filters are some of the longest lasting on the market. Keep your water fresh for 6 months or 10, 000 Gallons and for as little as 25 cents a day.
- Simple DIY Installation & Filter Replacement - Easily install showerhead in 4 simple steps. For optimal filtration, replace filters every 6 months.
Jonathan Product Beauty Water Shower Purification System
Another one of the top-selling showerhead purification systems is the Jonathan Product Beauty Water. This powerful system removed all the copper and lead from your tap water. This makes your shower much healthy for your skin and hair by it balancing the pH level. This water softener shower head has a rating of 4.4 out of 5.0 currently on Amazon and it seems everyone is very pleased with the quality and performance from this showerhead.
- During the first stage of filtration chlorine is reduced substantially
- Removes copper and lead from tap water
- As the system removes heavy metals it replaces them with healthy potassium ions to balance pH
Having one of these water softener installed into your shower can overall enhance your showing experience and help improve the health of your skin and hair. There no reason to not have one of these systems when it’s simple to install and can hook up to any showerhead on the market. So if you are tired of your hard water affecting your skin and hair it’s time to take action and soften your water! No need to punish your skin and hair because of the awful hard water that contains metals and cooper.