We (bestfoodprocessorsinfo.com) want to create one of the best kitchen tools and gadgets, appliances, cookware and other related resource page in the web. We research continuously and try to pick most essential resource list and links which others naturally ignore or don’t count at their top list. We will be happy if you join or cooperate with us to create this resource.
Essential Kitchen Tools & Appliances
In this Article, We will Cover all the Following Topics:
- Kitchen Tools and Gadgets
- Kitchen Appliances
- Useful Links
- Essential Cookware
- Books About Kitchen
25 Essential Kitchen Tools and Gadgets
|Chef knife||This is an all-purpose knife that comes with a wide blade and a curved tip. It is essential for chopping and disjointing big cuts of meat as it has a sturdy blade basically made for such tough tasks.||Buy Now|
|Paring knife||This is an important 3 to 4 inches long knife used for cutting vegetables and peeling fruits in the kitchen. It is also good for coring tomatoes and gives fine cuts.||Buy Now|
|Serrated or bread knife||This is a knife specifically designed to slice through your bread without causing messes. It comes with a deep thin edge that smoothly slices through sandwiches and fresh bread with precision.||Buy Now|
|Sharpening steel||Referred to as honing steel or chef’s steel, this kitchen tool is used for sharpening or honing kitchen knives’ blade edges and is made from diamond or ceramic coated steel or steel. Sharpening steels come in different shapes and sizes with some being round, oval and flat in cross-section.||Buy Now|
|Electric sharpener||Electric sharpeners are used for sharpening kitchen knives and are more advantageous compared to their manual counterparts in that they are faster and thorough. These sharpeners have different sharpening stages that allow users to sharpen their knives to precision.||Buy Now|
|Cutting board||Cutting boards offers the surface upon which you cut your foods including raw and cooked meat. These come in different sizes and shapes and are helpful when slicing or chopping your curve or roast meat and food items. Cutting boards also give support when cutting onions and fruits with ease. They are made of different materials such as wood and plastic.||Buy Now|
|Potato masher||A potato smasher is a tool for smashing cooked potatoes for smooth results. Potato smashers also work well when smashing other foods such as cooked carrots and soft vegetables once cooked. “Stainless steel smashers are the best for durability”.||Buy Now|
|Potato ricer||Ricers are equipped with apowerful lever and a large hopper which means you do not have to chop or peel your potatoes before cooking. You only need to press the potato into the small-holed sheet to produce potato pieces that are as small as a grain of rice.||Buy Now|
|Vegetable peelers||An efficient tool for peeling vegetables including potatoes and carrots as it does so quickly and with minimal wastage. Vegetable peelers normally remove a very thin piece of vegetable skin and this translates to more food for your cooking as compared to what a paring knife would do.||Buy Now|
|Garlic press||Kitchen tool specifically made for crushing garlic instead of slicing them using a kitchen knife or other unconventional methods. Large or whole Pieces of garlic are normally put in a press chamber and then pressed using some form of piston to generate tiny pieces of garlic ready for cooking.||Buy Now|
|Egg separator||This is a small, uncomplicated slotted kitchen utensil used specifically for separating egg white and egg yolk without causing any messes.||Buy Now|
|Fish scaler||A kitchen tool for removing scales from the fish’ skin without destroying their skin or cutting into the flesh. The fish scaler makes the work easy and enjoyable. It has sharp blades that make this process possible and precise.||Buy Now|
|Lemon Press / Lemon Squeezer||Kitchen tools used to press and extract juice by crushing and separating the fruits’ pulp. It is easy to use with fruits such as lemons, grapefruits, oranges and lime. Lemon press and lemon extractors come in different shapes and sizes but all work to produce the same results.||Buy Now|
|Choppers||Food choppers are used for dicing or chopping cooking vegetables and ingredients for easier and faster cooking. Can be used on vegetables and fruits among other things. They come in different sizes and designs for you to choose from.||Buy Now|
|Salad spinner||Used in salad preparation, it helps get rid of excess water from the salad vegetable leaves using centrifugal force. This helps keep the salad vegetables from becoming limp thus allowing the salad oil and dressing to stick well on the leaves.||Buy Now|
|Can opener||Used to open canned foods in the kitchen with comfort and a smooth operation. It is efficient and does not leave rough, sharp edges on the edge of the tin and therefore is safer and precise. It gives your tin a good grip and with a turning knob it allows you to cut through the tin as you wish.||Buy Now|
|Meat grinder||Also known as meat mincer, the kitchen tool is used to chop or mince both raw and cooked foods into fine pieces. It can be used on fish, meat and vegetables among other types of food. Food grinders come in electric and manual forms and some are ideal for grinding frozen foods up to 25 degrees Celsius.||Buy Now|
|Rolling pin||A cylindrical marble or wooden kitchen tool used for rolling or flattening dough for cooking or baking pasta or pie. There you will get different types of rolling pins and all come in different sizes and shapes.||Buy Now|
|Ice Cream Scoop||Specialized spoons used in the kitchen to serve or measure ice creams. They are ideal for transferring specific amount of ice cream and other food substances with ease and efficiency.||Buy Now|
|Tongs||A pair of tongs is ideal for grabbing and transferring meat and other food items from stock pots and deep fryers to a platter or any other serving utensil. Tongs work perfectly well in place of serving spoons and especially when handling huge chunks of food.||Buy Now|
|Pepper Mill, Salt & Pepper Shakers||Pepper mill is necessary for grinding peppercorns to make pepper in the kitchen. Salt and pepper shakers on the other hand are condiment holders used for distributing salt and pepper grains during mealtimes. There are classic and electronic pepper mills while salt and pepper shakers come in different sizes, shapes and colors for your choosing.||Buy Now|
|Colanders||This bowl shaped kitchen tool is essential for performing various tasks such as straining tin contents and pasta, cleaning vegetables. Colanders are made of different materials and also come in different sizes.||Buy Now|
|Measuring cups/jug and spoons||These cups, jugs and spoons help in measuring cooking ingredients according to your chosen recipes. For precision and accuracy, you will find them to be ideal whether baking your favorite cake or cooking your favorite meal according to recipe instructions.||Buy Now|
|Oven Mitt / Glove||An oven mitt or glove is an insulated mitten or glove worn in the hand for protection when removing hot cooking or baking objects from ovens, cookware or stoves. They are made from insulated cotton fabrics while others are treated using silicon for stain and heat resistance.||Buy Now|
|BBQ tools||There are different BBQ tools including flippers and tongs which help turn and transfer pieces of meat when barbequing thus preventing possibilities of burn injuries. Others include long-handled forks, heat monitors and basting brushes for brushing your meat with sauces.||Buy Now|
10 Kitchen Appliances You Must Have
|Juicer||A juicer is an appliance that is used to extract juice from food items such as fruits, leafy greens and herbs. It is the perfect appliance for making smoothies.||Buy Now|
|Blender||A blender or a liquidizer is used in the kitchen to mix, emulsify and puree various food items. A typical blender has a blender jar which has a rotating metal blade and it is powered by an electric motor.||Buy Now|
|Rice cooker||Also called a rice steamer, this contraption’s purpose is to boil or steam rice. These kitchen appliances were first developed in Japan.||Buy Now|
|Slow cooker||A slow cooker or Crock-Pot is an appliance that cooks food slowly. It is a countertop machine that simmers food. This entails maintaining temperatures that are relatively low when cooking things such as stews and boiled dinners.||Buy Now|
|Toaster||This is a small kitchen appliance that is used to toast different types of bread. It was invented in 1893 in Scotland. There are two main types of toasters available; the toaster oven and the pop-up toaster.||Buy Now|
|Food processor||A food processor is a machine that chops, mixes and purees food items. It makes it possible to do repetitive tasks when preparing food. There are manual and electric types available.||Buy Now|
|Microwave oven||This contraption cooks food using a form of radio wave known as microwaves. It is a countertop kitchen appliance that is used to cook various types of foods. It is also available in different sizes, models and colors.||Buy Now|
|Bread Maker||This is an appliance that is used to make bread. It comes with a bread pan/tin and there are built-in paddles at the bottom.||Buy Now|
|Water purifier||This is an appliance that is used to remove impurities as well as germs from drinking water. There are different types available on the market, and different models use different purification processes.||Buy Now|
|Sandwich maker||Also referred to as Panini Presses, these kitchen appliances are perfect for toasting sandwiches quickly and easily. You can also use it to fry eggs and omelets, as well as to make pancakes and waffles.||Buy Now|
11 Essential Cookware
|Saucepans||This pan features low sides and an open design, giving the roasts a lot of exposure to the hot air in the oven. This means that your roasts will be browned evenly. Apart from roasting, this pan is also useful for deglazing drippings for sauces and gravies.||Buy Now|
|Roasting Pans||This pan features low sides and an open design, giving the roasts a lot of exposure to the hot air in the oven. This means that your roasts will be browned evenly. Apart from roasting, this pan is also useful for deglazing drippings for sauces and gravies.||Buy Now|
|Dutch Oven||This machine is suitable for both stovetop and oven use. When compared with a conventional stockpot, it is wider and shallower. It also has a wide surface area for browning.||Buy Now|
|Rimmed baking sheets||These baking sheets are used for a lot of things; from cooking meat and baking cookies to roasting vegetables, the list is endless. They also feature a wire cooling rack.||Buy Now|
|Stock Pot||You can use this big pot to do a variety of things, including cooking pasta, preparing large quantities of homemade stock and steaming lobsters among other things. Although it is able to tackle big jobs, it is easy to store with other pans and pots.||Buy Now|
|Traditional skillet||This type of cookware features flared, shallow sides. Because of such features, the evaporation of moisture is quick. This makes food items sear and brown, instead of steam.||Buy Now|
|Non Stick Skillet||With this type of skillet, you can cook delicate foods such as fish, egg dishes and pancakes without sticking. It also browns food very well and it is easy to clean afterwards. Food is also redistributed quickly because of its flared sides.||Buy Now|
|Cast Iron Skillet||This is the best type of pan when it comes to retaining heat. So it is the perfect cookware for searing food fast over high heat. Plus, when you use cast iron, oil remains hot, which means it is suitable for shallow frying.||Buy Now|
|Grill Pan||This is the perfect pan if you want your meat to have those grill marks. This is the appliance to get if on occasion you want your meat to have more than just a nice sear.||Buy Now|
|Family Griddle||A family griddle is a type of cookware that features a flat surface. It is perfect for making weekend family breakfast foods such as bacon, pancakes and eggs. You can make all this food on one flat surface.||Buy Now|
|Wok||This form of cookware is perfect for stir-frying. The best type is one that is non-stick. You can fry anything from vegetables to different types of meat.||Buy Now|
Books: Kitchen Tips and Tricks
Below books help you to learn tips, tricks and guides about how to organize, manage and care your kitchen smartly.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you. We will earn a commission if you decide to purchase.
Kitchen Quick Tips: Although a renowned chef might not need this book, to an ordinary person it will be very helpful. It provides helpful tips; from how to prepare certain foods and organize your kitchen to storing and freezing foods, and cleaning the kitchen.
Recipe Websites: Below are some recipe websites which you can follow to get yummy recipes.
- Allrecipes.com: The all recipe.com will provide you every day cooking recipes, cooking tips and suggestions.
- Recipe.com: The recipe.com provides you the best collection of recipes on the web. You will also get quick and appetizer ideas to elegant entries.
- Cooksrecipes.com: Recipes for every cooking need and occasion for each meal are available in CookRecipe.Com. You can explore unique and the most delicious recipes for cookies, cakes, deserts, soups, salads and much more.
- Food.com: Food.com contains a massive collection of recipes from international cuisines to quick and easy meals ideas. The recipes are submitted, rated and reviewed by people who are passionate foodle.
- Childrensrecipes.com: Childrenrecipe.com offers easy and simple children’s recipe that your children can cook and enjoy eating.
- Recipesource.com: Recipe source is one of the oldest recipe sites on the web with a huge source of ethnic cuisine recipes broken down by the region and also recipes that are categorized by the type of dish.
- Recipegirl.com: Recipe girl .com is available with original family recipes that are mainly adapted from magazines, cookbooks, newspapers and blogs. You can also share your own created recipes here.
- Bottom Of The Pot: Bottom of the pot is one of the the best cuisine blog and new blog finalist in the web. Here you will get the best regional recipes by Naz what she gathers from her experiences of living different state of the world.
- Two Red Bowls: Tworedbowls.com is a little blog where you will get many recipes of sweets, savory and drinks. You will also get here the recipes that are published in press like Huffington Post, Saveur Magazine and TV Interview.
- My Blue&White Kitchen: You will get special and tasty seasonal recipes of summer, spring at Mybluewhite.com by Simi. You will also get specific recipes on breakfast, drinks, fall, from the oven, preservers, savory, sweets, sides and snacks here. You can subscribe her to get her each updates.
- Vanilla Bean Blog: The Vanillabeanblog.com will provide you the healthy delicious recipes of breakfast, baking, chocolate, cakes, curries, ice cream, deserts and much more recipes by category. You can also know the list of recipes that are published on various magazines and press.
- Love and Lemons: Loveandlemons.com is completely recipe blog by Jeanine and her husband Jack Mathews. You will get here recipes of healthy, meal type, seasonal recipes, and ingredients by category. Special diet programs are available for healthier life in this blog.
Food and Restaurant Resource
- Foodreference.com: Foodreference .com is an information site all about food with 20,000 pages and is growing constantly. You will get here detailed articles about food, short facts and trivia, cooking tips and recipes. You will also get here the most complete listing of food festivals from all around the world, a today food history, cookbook reviews, food quotes , fun stuff and much more.
- Chef2chef.net: This site will provide you detail about the culinary schools of the state of America, what helps you to explore culinary art programs and gain an outside look into working in the food industry. You can get here unique food recipes and basics of cooking idea. You can hire a celebrity chef through this site for any of your special occasion.
- CenterForFoodSafety.org: Center for food safety provides you all information about food safety to protect human health and environment.
- Foodandfun.is: Food and fun provides you outstanding culinary skills, fresh natural ingredients, Iceland outdoor adventures. You can also know the world famous Reykjavik night life to create the ultimate recipe for fun from this site.
- 50 Biggest Fast Food Joints in USA: Here you will get the list of the top fifty fast-food restaurants in America proves we are truly a diverse nation.
- Top 50 Restaurants in UK: The Good Food Guide created the top 50 restaurants for 2015 in the UK.