Technology has helped improve the outdoorsman’s life in many ways. One nice tool that has garnered attention are fish finders. The latest fish finders come with apps for various smartphones. These fish finders also may come with a bobber or a basic drag along sphere. Instead of sending signals to a bulky monitor, the bobbers synch up with your smartphone. This gives a clearer and more accurate look at what’s going on beneath the water. The more accurate this is the better you know if you’re in the right place or not.
Being able to run everything from your smartphone is helpful in many ways. It makes it much easier to see what’s going on under the surface. These app based fish finders prevents the need for messing around with wires and sensors on the old models.
Read on to learn more about the best fish finders for smartphones and tablets.
#3 – Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+, 2.55″, Black
- HIGHEST SPEC CASTABLE SONAR: casts further, scans deeper, more features than any other. Syncs with iOS/Android devices. Use for shore, boat, ice fishing
- INBUILT GPS: enables you to create bathymetric maps from the shore, Enjoy free access to Lake book, Deeper' s bathymetric management platform where you can save, review and analyze all of your maps on any device from the comfort of home
- ROCK SOLID CONNECTIVITY: Syncs to phone/tablet using WiFi (like a hotspot). NO INTERNET IS NEEDED. Turn OFF Cellular data for uninterrupted connection
- INCREDIBLE DATA: Scans down 260ft, 0.5" target separation, dual beam (broad/narrow), 15 scans per sec. Map depth, find structure, vegetation and fish
- BOAT FISHING: Install in secs, no cables or batteries, smooth trolling. ICE FISHING: 3.5oz, no cables, flasher display + zoom, 0.5" target separation
Produced by Deeper Smart the black 2.55 inch Sonar PRO+ is one of the top models out there when it comes to a reliable fish finder that works with your smartphone. This fish finder is able to work 5.5 hours on a single charge in both freshwater and saltwater. The Deeper Smart’s dual frequency sonar makes for an extremely effective fish finder that works with virtually any smartphone. Deeper Smart’s fish finder also comes with a Wi-Fi connection. This allows for solid data transmission and this model can be used with a tablet in addition to a smartphone.
#2 – iBobber Wireless Bluetooth Smart Fish Finder for iOS and Android devices
The smart fish finder by iBobber uses wireless bluetooth connections and can be attached to both Android and iOS devices. The app to download the software is free. The iBobber has a 10 hour battery life. This Fish Finder really sticks out as being designed to hold up for the most serious of marathon anglers. While it can be used in any capacity, this fish finder has made a reputation as being one of the best in the business for specific niches. Thes niches include kayak fishing, fishing off the docks, or fishing from the shores.
Because of its bobber shape for the sensor, traditional shallow water areas like those mentioned above are no problem for this model. If the fish are there, it will find them and show you where to lay that next cast.
#1 – Deeper Smart Portable Fish Finder (Depth Finder) for Smartphone or Tablet
Choosing the best of the best for smartphone fish finder was difficult with so many good ones, but in the end the portable fish finder by Deeper Smart has to take that spot. Compatible with all types of smartphones in addition to most tablets, this inexpensive model looks good in sheer black, works in virtually all water conditions, and is compatible with both Android and Apple devices.
In addition to these benefits, this is a castable depth finder with an eco sounder that can give a wide variety of information feedback and help anglers not only know what their area looks like but suggest other spots if it’s not panning out. There’s a lot to like about this model that provides all the services an angler needs without muddying up the waters with too many bells and whistles, all at an affordable price. That concludes this fishfinder for smartphones review, we hope it helps you to choose the right one for your needs.