Fly fishing vests are multi-pocket technical vests created specifically for anglers. These specialist vests enable you to carry all of your equipment and supplier on your body, rather than having to use a rucksack or bag. Giving you easy access to everything while maintaining your mobility and use of both hands.
The great thing about fishing vests is that unlike bags, you don’t have to rummage through all your gear to find your supplier. In addition, you can wear your vest all the time, so don’t have to worry about someone taking your bag or accidentally forgetting to fix it up when you wander off to fish elsewhere.
When selecting a suitable fishing vest, you’re going to want to consider the material (do you need something to keep you warm or cool?), the number of pockets/compartments that you need, and the quality of the vest.
Without further ado, we’re going to be reviewing the 3 best fly fishing vests available on Amazon.
#3 – Fly Fishing Vest Mesh by AnglaTech
- PLENTY OF STORAGE - Keep your fishing gear and equipment well-organized and quickly within reach.
- ADJUSTABLE SIZING – Adjustable shoulder and waist straps for the perfect fit.
- COMFORTABLE – Breathable mesh back allows for air to flow freely so you can stay cool and dry.
- LIGHT WEIGHT - Premium materials keep this vest small and light.
At #3 we have a fantastic technical fishing vest from AnglaTech. This extremely lightweight vest is designed with two things in mind; providing the perfect balance of comfort and ability to hold the maximum amount of gear.
The vest comes in one size, with adjustable straps that ensure the perfect fit for both men and women alike. With a mesh back, air is able to circulate keeping you cool even on hot days. While the design of the vest distributes weight evenly across your upper body, enabling you to fish comfortably during use.
Available in sand and forest, you have a choice of two classic fishing vest colors. Overall, this is a top-quality technical vest with a very affordable price tag.
#2 – Fly Fishing Vest by Maxcatch
- A Real Vest to Hold Everything with Easy Access - with 17 exterior and interior pockets to hold all your gears, Gear attachment tabs, cord loops, D-ring net lash and hemostat keeper for various tools you may need on the water
- Adjustable Shoulder Straps for comfortable control of the weight for all day fishing on the water. The suspension structure spreads the weight to make you feel no weight of your gears. breathable fabric with mesh backing to keep the air going.comfortably cool in hot weather
- Two Main Molded Hard Drop Down Fly Benches with Replaceable Foam Insert for protecting your flies. Built in rod tube holder for easy rod holding
- One Size fits Most – Adjustable shoulder and waist strap design suspension structure to fit with most shapes and sizes. Only 24.5 oz weight for long day fishing.
- ONE-YEAR-WARRANTY and LifeTime Repairing Warranty - MAXCATCH as a professional fly fishing factory Since 2005, offer “No Hassle” warranty for all our gears for at least one year. If you are not 100% satisfied with our fishing tackle, you can return it in any time. And we also offer lifetime repairing for all Maxcatch gears.
Maxcatch’s Fly Fishing Vest is an excellent modern technical vest with a huge amount of technical features for the price. The vest has a variety of zip pockets, two shell compartments for larger items, and a rod holder strap.
Like the previously reviewed AnglaTech, Maxcatch’s offering has a mesh back, reducing the weight of the vest and enabling air to circulate. A build that makes the vest ideal on both hot and cold days.
All in all, there’s little between this vest at AnglaTech’s. However, at a slightly lower price, Maxcatch’s vest takes the second spot in our top 3.
If you’re looking for slightly bigger or small solutions, Maxcatch’s Sling Pack and Backpack provide alternatives to their fantastic Vest.
#1 – Clark Fork Mesh Fly Fishing Vest by Redington
- Color: Sage
- Used for fishing
- Manufactured by Far banks
- 5-FM001341-0304 number 5-FM001341-0304
- Part of the Edington line of fly fishing products
At #1 spot is Redington’s Clark Fork Mesh vest. This classic mesh vest has everything you want from a fishing vest, it is lightweight mesh, has a knit collar for neck comfort, and comes in 4 different size options.
From an appearance point of view, this vest will make you look like a serious angler. It’s traditional, comes in a classic sage color and has all of the pockets and features that an ‘old school’ angler would expect to see.
Storage wise the Clark Fork vest has you covered. There are 11 pockets in total, including 9 external zip/velcro pockets; giving you fast and secure access to all of your gear.
The vest is durable and comes in a quick-dry fabric, providing an all-weather solution. At just a fraction of the cost of the other vests in the top 3, this Redington vest is a fantastic pickup. This concludes our fly fishing vest review, hope it helps!