Angle grinders are considered as essential tools for general fabricators and welders. Angle grinder in one way or another are used to build all custom cars out there, construction of shaving door handles, installation of hydraulics, or molding of chassis. Corded grinders are available for all-day use, but if you need a cordless grinder, then you must have to take a look at the benefits it has. Heavy-duty task capability, reliability, durability, speed, and price are some of the grounds on which you can compare and find the best one for yourself.
Here is the head to head comparison between two quite exceptional and remarkable cordless grinder available in the market. After reading this, you would be able to make the selection of the right tool.
Makita XAG03Z 18V LXT cordless angle grinder
Makita XAG03Z, an ideal machine for grinding, cutting, and sanding a variety of materials such as tiles, concrete, pipe, conduit, and much more. This new addition to Makita’s 18v lithium-ion series is the largest cordless tool line up in the world which is powered by an 18v lithium-ion battery. This remarkable and surprising product line extension is known for offering fast charging capability, extended battery life, and a set of tools with improved performance. Star protection computer control system, communication technology in the machine, allows the star protection-equipped tools and battery to exchange the data in real-time and allows monitoring capability to the user during usage for better protection against overloading, over-discharging and overheating.
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 14-1/4" long
Makita XAG03Z cordless angle grinder is one of the best in class products manufactured by Makita. With 100 years of experience, the company has introduced a Makita XAG03Z. It is a perfect example of unmatched quality and durability made with high R&D capability. Makita XAG03Z is successful in delivering power, performance, and durability that you need as a professional user. Let’s have a quick overview of the features, pros, and cons of the machine for better comparison.
- To enhance the performance, the device change speed and torque with automatic speed change technology.
- The BL Brushless motor increases the efficiency and life of the BL motor and makes it cooler.
- Efficient BL brushless motor optimizes battery energy usage through electronic control.
- The electronically controlled BL Brushless Motor uses energy to match torque and RPM concerning the changing demands of the application.
- The compact and ergonomic design of the device is 14-1/4 long.
- To reduce operator fatigue, the weight of the machine is 5.5 Ibs with the battery.
- The grip is rubberized and soft which increases the comfort in the job. • 3-stage L.E.D gauge shows the charging level of the battery.
- For operators, convenience lock-on capability is here for the switch on.
- Soft start-up makes a start-up reaction smooth and increases the gear life.
- Spiral bevel gears enable the device to produce continuous rotations and transfer energy efficiently.
- Anti-restart protection prevents the motor from start up on battery insertion with switch locked on.
- The internal cooling system is another most significant feature of the device which enhances the performance.
- Extreme protection technology (XPT) makes the device dust and water-resistant in extremely harsh conditions.
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the users can have a machine that spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
- Makita XAG03Z 18V LXT cordless angle grinder has an efficient brushless motor
- You can use it for a longer period of just spending minimum time in charging
- The product will not turn on even the switched is on while you insert the battery
- Sometimes overload switch in the device can be sensitive
- Sometimes the machine gets slow on cutting
- It is a more expensive model of cordless grinders available in the market
Dewalt DCG412B 20V Cordless Angle Grinder
If you are searching for a new cordless angle grinder, then, Dewalt DCG412B 20V cordless angle grinder is the first and foremost recommended choice for you. This completely redesigned model of the grinder is quite different from the original 20V Max 4-1/2″ grinder (DCG412) or the FlexVolt 4-1/2″ to 6″ angle grinder (DCG414).
Dewalt DCG412B 20V cordless angle grinder is an all-time favorite grinder for contractors, electricians, and various other professionals. This model is impressive in performance and reliability. Additionally, you can make the use of the machine for a variety of tasks from maintenance operations to cutting and grinding. When it comes to design, it remains in fantastic condition for a longer period.
- Dewalt Brushless Motor: Delivers Up to 57 Percent More Run Time over Brushed
- No Load Speed: Max 9, 000 RPMs
- Blade brake: brake engaged when paddle switch is released, bringing the wheel quickly to a stop.Max Watts Out:850 W
- Warranty: backed by DEWALT 3 year limited warranty
- Battery & Charger Sold Separately
8000 rpm motor in machine provides high-performance efficiency in cutting and grinding applications. You can adjust and position quickly and easily just because of tool-free wheel changes and tool-free guard of the device. Two-finger trigger switch with a lock-off button allows the user to activate the device conveniently with easy gripping. Additionally, a two-position handle means the user has greater control, comfort, and versatility.
- This model of angle grinder delivers 8000 RPM for the toughest cutting and grinding applications.
- Quick-change Wheel Release capability of the device allows the user to change the wheel without a wrench or any other tool.
- The tool-free guard feature provides quick and easy guard adjustments/positioning.
- Two-position side wheel by providing greater control increases comfort and versatility.
- The user has convenient activation and an easier grip with 2- finger trigger switch.
- Five-inch guards make the device to work differently
- Grinder and cut-off guards are separate in the machine
- If you hold the trigger, there will be fatigue
- The bulky design of the device is making it heavy
- The grip is at the back so following the curve would be difficult.
When it comes to select the winner of the game, it is much more complicated than it seems to be. Both the grinders are heads and shoulders above any other grinding machine available in the market. Either we talk about speed, durability, reliability, or we speak of battery life, and heavy-duty task capability both are at the same pace.
Overall, Dewalt DCG412B 20V cordless angle grinder is a superb model with a slower speed significantly help with the torque. However, bulky design with trigger makes it harder to use as compare to Makita XAG03Z 18V LXT cordless angle grinder. This fantastic tool is a brushless model of the grinder available in the market with long battery life and extremely efficient performance capability, speed, and power.
Furthermore, speed change technology is significantly optimizing performance. You will have no regret for your choice, whether it is cutting, grinding, or sanding Makita XAG03Z 18V LXT cordless angle grinder works very well on different materials.