The Porter-Cable PC60TPAG is a robust and aggressive power tool manufactured by a company that has been in business for more than a century. Porter-Cable is an US-based company that has gained reputation for making high quality power tools that deliver great value.
In this review, we will look into the details of one of its premium products – PC60TPAG and find out how well it stands up to the reputation of company.
The Porter-Cable PC60TPAG Angle Grinder Review
The Porter-Cable PC60TPAG impresses with its lightweight and compact form which makes the tool highly portable. It can be carried with ease to construction sites or other job sites.
It works perfect for professionals looking for a corded angle grinder at job sites. Weighing just 4.1 pounds, the PC60TPAG is one of the lightest grinders available in the market.
Despite being lightweight, the motor boasts of great power and delivers incredible performance. The 7 amp motor is capable of delivering 11,000 RPM suitable for heavy duty jobs.
The cast metal gear keeps the tool from getting over heated, thus it ensures that PC60TPAG can last for really long as per the high demands and expectations at the worksites.
- 7.0-Amp motor powers through jobsite tasks with ease
- 11,000 RPM for high speed material removal
- Cast metal gear case increases jobsite durability and tool longevity
- 3-position side handle allows greater control in multiple positions
- Tool-free guard provides fast and easy guard adjustments
The PC60TPAG comes with a grinding guard and cutting guard to perform a wide range of activities with great ease. Both these guards are tool free and they can be adjusted to control the sparks in order to keep the job site safe and more productive.
The package also comes with several accessories such as a grinding wheel, side handle, cut-off wheel and a wrench. It also includes a manual with instructions on how to use the angle grinder and how to take care of it.
To make your decision of buying PC60TPAG a no-risk affair, the manufacturer offers a three-year limited warranty to cover any defects during that period, caused due to faulty workmanship or materials.
The product is also backed by a one-year free service (Depend on menufacture orginaization) where Porter-Cable will offer free tool maintenance and replace any worn out parts.
- Powerful 7 amp motor that delivers 11,000 rpm
- The tool is compact and weighs only 4.1 pounds
- This angle grinder is electric powered
- The dimensions of the tool are 14.2 x 4.8 x 5.6 inches
- Cast metal gear case offers higher durability and longer life
- It comes with tool-free guards that allow easy adjustments
- The non-locking paddle switch offers extra safety and control
- It comes with a 3-position side handle for enhanced control
- Spindle lock feature allows for single wrench bit changes
- The PC60TPAG offers great performance at job sites. It comes with cutting and grinding wheels that work on different types of materials like a dream. This adds a lot of versatility to the product.
- The tool comes with guards that provide added protection against injury from blade breakage and kickback. This also provides additional safety from sparks.
- The 3 position handle offers ease of use and enables different positioning for different types of job applications. It also comes with a convenient paddle switch that offers enhanced control to the users. It shuts off the power immediately if the tool is accidentally dropped.
- The lightweight and compact form of the PC60TPAG makes it a winner in terms of appearance and performance-wise to it doesn’t fail to impress.
- At this price, the power tool comes with too many features that you can expect. The manufacturer provide excellent warranty adds an extra feather to its cap.
The cut off wheels that come with the kit do not last too long as they are quite thin. So, you would need to buy extra cutting wheels.
The manual states that the power tool comes with a case however several customers have complained that they did not find any case.
The Porter-Cable PC60TPAG’s versatility, lightweight and compact form makes it a perfect tool for the professionals. It is a good buy for welders, fabricators, contractors, masons, and tradesmen whose job profile includes a lot of metal cutting, grinding, polishing, and tuckpointing work.
However this does not mean that beginners cannot use this product. If you are planning to buy an angle grinder for the first time, the Porter-Cable PC60TPAG can be a good addition to your tool box and help you with your DIY projects.
As this is a powerful tool, you will need to be careful and wear protective gear such as gloves and helmets while using it. Read the instructions in the manual carefully when you are using the tool for the first time. Once you get a hang of it, you will wonder how you ever managed to do without it.
Overall, we find the product useful for both beginners and professionals. Although the cutting wheel is slightly thin and you may not get a case, at this price there’s not much to complain about.