- Your purchase includes One DuroMax XP4850EH 4850 watt Dual Fuel Hybrid generator with Electric Start, One oil funnel, One spark plug wrench, tools set, wheels and handle kit, DC charging cables and owner’s manual
- Portable Generator dimensions: 24” L x 17" W x 17" H. Product weight: 127 lbs
- Specifications: Noise level – 69 dB. Fuel tank capacity (GASOLINE) – 3.96 gallons. Suggested tank size (PROPANE) – 20 gallons
- The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice
- With 4,850 starting watts and 3,850 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools. Operate at both 120 V and 240 V simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power
Duromax XP4850EH is an interesting portable generator which will probably be the first choice for many buyers. The explanation lies in the fact it is a new-generation unit developed for different usages. We should add the fact the price is more than just affordable, but this isn’t a small generator!
7HP DuroMax engine
At the first sight, a 7HP engine doesn’t look like too powerful, but there is one advantage here. The power is just right. This engine is capable of producing the electricity even for more demanding applications, yet it is fuel efficient, so new owners won’t have to fill the tank frequently. Another, appealing fact regarding the engine is the cooling down system. It is specifically developed by DuroMax to provide long working hours and eliminate any risk of overheating. In reality, this actually works and perhaps it is one of the best systems of this kind on the market. Together with other systems, the engine can produce 3.850 watts regularly and 4.850 watts max. The engine is hybrid, meaning that it can work on petrol or liquid propane.
The frame of this unit is a masterpiece. It is made from heavy-duty material and it is as strong as it gets. Regardless of the fact, the frame supports engine, wheels, handle and fuel tank, it is sturdy enough to allow the owners to see the quality. 4 mounts of the engine are implemented alongside rubber seals. Their goal is to reduce vibrations, make the engine sound quieter and at the same time to prolong the lifespan of a frame. Let’s just mention that it is coated and well-protected, so corrosion won’t be an issue, even in the distant future.
Power panel (full)
Perhaps this is a smaller generator, but it comes with a suitable power panel. While others have smaller and less practical power panels, this one has a full-sized system. It included key start, volt meter, low oil light, power outlets, circuit breaker and etc. In essence, the power panel offers all what an owner may need and it is extremely easy to use.
Duromax XP4850EH is affordable, compact and comes with great features. One of the suitable additions is the fact it has been approved by the EPA. Furthermore, this approval means that the generator can be used in national parks. Maybe some of you believe that all generators share the same approval, but that isn’t a case! As the end fact, future owners should know that the generator can be used literally anywhere. It is made using the latest technologies, therefore it is safer and more fuel efficient than similar units!
- Value for money
- Wheels and handle are a nice addition
- Full power panel with all essential features
- EPA approved for usages in national parks
- Superior frame
- Hybrid engine
- Comes without propane hose
- Difficult to start
The price of the model here is below average. Other than that, all the features are above than average. So, it isn’t difficult to determine that this is a great, little generator with features which were reserved for more expensive models.