- 7500 Running Watts and 9500 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 16 Hours of Run Time on a 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes with a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User's Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- Powered by a 420 cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve with Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter
- EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service and Support Network at 1-855-944-3571 or [email protected]
The Westinghouse WGen7500 is one of the latest models of the brand in question. As such, it truly has plenty to offer. It probably has one of the best value for money and it is one of the most advanced generators at the moment. There are plenty of things owners will like about the unit in question.
All needed receptacles and safety features are included
Let’s begin with the receptacles. The unit comes with 2, Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) household receptacles (5-20R, 120V), and one, L14-30R receptacle. The bottom line here is that the generator is sufficient for almost all applications modern users may have at the moment. The manufacturer thought about the safety as well. All outlets are protected by rubber covers, which is a small, yet mandatory feature.
The battery charger is included as well
Since the early days, people would have to purchase a generator and then a battery charger. Only combined these two units would be able to recharge a car or motorcycle battery. Well, this model already has included a battery charger! Obviously, it is a small feature that boosts the practicality. Furthermore, the battery charger is the slow-charging system. It means that it will slowly inject a battery with electricity, therefore it reduces damages and prolongs the lifespan of a battery. Additional LED is implemented as well, making the entire system even easier to use.
Remote key start
We have already mentioned that Westinghouse WGen7500 is sophisticated, but in this case, it is even more advanced than you would expect. The start/stop button is available and it actually looks like the one from luxury, modern cars. It is a real pleasure using the electric start system. An even better feature is the remote key start. From a close distance, a user is able to turn on or shut down the generator using a key, no bigger than a car key. When camping, when it is dark or just for fun, this feature truly makes a huge difference.
The noise the unit makes is lower than most rival models produce while operating. Nevertheless, the unit is equipped with 420 cc engine, a well-known and tested unit. It is low-maintenance, it is easy to start and use and the best thing is the fact it is fuel-efficient. With a single fuel tank (6.6 gallons) a generator will work 10 hours at 50% load. Just to add, most usages never need more than 20-40% of load, therefore 10 hours per tank are constantly possible.
- Start/stop and remote key start features
- Low noise and great engine
- Can run for 10 hours on a single tank
- 2 Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters
- Muffler quality
- Manual isn’t very useful
In the end, we can only summarize that this model is a great value for money and it is suitable for most users who are planning to use it on a regular basis. The engine is one of the best we encountered and the overall design is superb. The remote key start is an appealing feature as well.